Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't really get the angst over this. rogers has praised clements for his work in rodgers' development as a qb. it is painfully obvious that love needs a f**k lot of development. why not bring someone with a proven track record of qb development? does everything have to be looked at in terms of how it might or might not affect rodgers?

i don't really get the angst over this. rogers has praised clements for his work in rodgers' development as a qb. it is painfully obvious that love needs a f**k lot of development. why not bring someone with a proven track record of qb development? does everything have to be looked at in terms of how it might or might not affect rodgers?

It's not just that. ML is the HC, the staff calls should be his and his alone. As far as I know he has no known connections to Clements, a long time assistant under the last coaching regime who has been retired for two seasons. But Clements does have connections to Mark Murphy, through that old regime.

Clements has worked with Kyler Murray, so some recent experience with a spread QB which as you note, could be beneficial for Love. However, to pull a guy out of retirement, this doesn't seem like a marriage that LeFleur actually wants, does it? I don't know, anytime you go backwards like this it feels desperate.

And this is exactly what I said in earlier threads about why they haven't hired a QB coach yet. It was laughed off. Don't think for one minute it wasn't about AR. Nothing, I mean nothing surprises me anymore about this front office. Actually, it's like clockwork these days and can be called from a mile away.

It's not just that. ML is the HC, the staff calls should be his and his alone... doesn't seem like a marriage that LeFleur actually wants, does it? I don't know, anytime you go backwards like this it feels desperate.
Let's not assume that ML has no say. That's letting him off awfully easy. Just like everyone saying it's AR not adhering to the run game etc. Makes the HC look weak. If it's true, I can't imagine it's too fun for ML but I'm not ready to make ML look like a push over in these instances. If he is, then I just lost a lot of respect for him.

Let's not assume that ML has no say. That's letting him off awfully easy. Just like everyone saying it's AR not adhering to the run game etc. Makes the HC look weak. If it's true, I can't imagine it's too fun for ML but I'm not ready to make ML look like a push over in these instances. If he is, then I just lost a lot of respect for him.
It's the structure he was hired into. There's some level of power that he never had to begin with.

It's the structure he was hired into. There's some level of power that he never had to begin with.
Then it's a shame. What is he responsible for then? Seems the front office makes all personnel moves on and off field and then Rodgers makes all the on field decisions.

Come on man we've been here before.... it's becoming obvious what's going on. Call a spade a spade already.

Bud, just look at Mike Pettine. Murphy forced a two year shotgun marriage between MP and ML. The two are professional and I don't think they didn't get along but it took two years of winning for ML to get the sway to get his own DC in there. However there's no question about it, Murphy meddles. He has a say in this stuff. Always been that way since 2019. Two more years until he has to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back