Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Schefter

During a news conference Monday, Aaron Rodgers spoke at length about the steps taken to improve and preserve his mental health amid questions about his long-term future with the NFL franchise. The comments came ahead of "The Match," a charity golf exhibition Tuesday that will feature Rodgers and Bryson DeChambeau competing against Phil Mickelson and Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady. Rodgers, who is approaching his 17th year with the Packers, said he has focused on how to take care of his spiritual and mental states. “I'm very thankful for the opportunity to work on my mental health," Rodgers said, per @bbaby41. "I haven't dealt with bouts of depression or anything, that I think for whatever reason, are OK to talk about if you're talking about mental health. I've just really been trying to think about what puts me in the best frame of mind. What habits can I form that allow me to feel most in my body, most present, happiest? And that's what I've been doing."
I've absolutely no idea if AR's dealing with mental demons - no less what they may be. If his current comments are to be taken in context of those personal demons - more power to him for addressing and working through them.

If his intent is to imply his "angst" is professional and we're to believe he's addressing/working thru it - I'm not buying it. AR has no professional demons "per se" - or more than every other NFL player under contract.

If its the latter - AR's playing the victim card IMO and I don't see him as one.

Yah know? Even throughout the years, the more Rodgers talked, the less I liked him. Ringing even more true now.

Mental health. He's a legendary QB. Won a Super Bowl. Has more money than he could ever know what to do with.

And to me? Sounds like it's lonely at the top. Maybe he should call his mom. That would be a great place to start.

Yah know? Even throughout the years, the more Rodgers talked, the less I liked him. Ringing even more true now.

Mental health. He's a legendary QB. Won a Super Bowl. Has more money than he could ever know what to do with.

And to me? Sounds like it's lonely at the top. Maybe he should call his mom. That would be a great place to start.
Well if you buy what people sell he still has his family out of his life. He's a Olympic level grudge holder that is easily offended and quick to write you out of his life if you do something he does not like. Which is sad because that will make him all alone in life at some point.

Aaron working the mental health angle now. "Was working on my mental health in the offseason" Removes criticism because I mean, how can you complain about him not being at camp. "He was working on his mental health you heartless jerks!"

This guy isn't as deep as he thinks he is.

By the way I am in no way belittling people with real issues but AR isn't one of them.

I know to many it’s not apples to apples but 10 years ago I left a job that I loved because the stress and was overwhelming. I took more than 1-2 “mental health days” to deal with it. After 2 years I left. I left to get MY mental health in check. My work life balance was more important than the alternative. Some of you might relate some might not. It was a life choice and to this day I am happier.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk

Whatever his intent, Rodgers has split the fanbase and lost a lot of good will he earned over the years. While like others I think he returns, I am unsure he'll ever regain most of what he lost in terms of respect from a large group of Packer fans.

Whatever his intent, Rodgers has split the fanbase and lost a lot of good will he earned over the years. While like others I think he returns, I am unsure he'll ever regain most of what he lost in terms of respect from a large group of Packer fans.
Very likely I think there are fans that never forgave Favre after what he did.

I know to many it’s not apples to apples but 10 years ago I left a job that I loved because the stress and was overwhelming. I took more than 1-2 “mental health days” to deal with it. After 2 years I left. I left to get MY mental health in check. My work life balance was more important than the alternative. Some of you might relate some might not. It was a life choice and to this day I am happier.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk
oh man can i ever relate. i retired because i could not stand the stress of working for a corrupt local government. i sacrificed a nice little pension that i only needed a little less than two more years to collect. there's far more that i wish i could tell here. but i can't. suffice it to say that i have experienced a great deal of mental health issues in my family.

and friends, it isn't always obvious to outsiders when someone is experiencing it. people ask you what do you have to be depressed/stressed out/overwhelmed about? and you can't even explain it.

Last edited:
if there is one thing that packers management is skilled at, it's getting fans to turn against legendary players.
Though both Favre and Rodgers played Rodgers rolls in the mess themselves. Favre did what he did out of pettiness towards Thompson and did not even care about what it would do to his relationship with fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back