Rodgers revealed

All this, regarding Rodgers, brings up a very interesting situation. With so many WRs in house, and Rodgers only throwing to a few, is that because they aren't open, are strictly decoys to draw defenders, or is he being a dick towards guys that he feels haven't performed to his standard for them?

This may well be part of the problem. Not saying it is, just saying that this is a scenario we should watch closely, to see if he's the one deciding they ain't getting the ball.

i think it's mostly because they never even get on the field. and i don't think rodgers is making that call. mccarthy has certain players limited to certain "packages", and he doesn't seem to want to use the packages that don't have nelson, cobb and adams in them.

Last edited:
All this, regarding Rodgers, brings up a very interesting situation. With so many WRs in house, and Rodgers only throwing to a few, is that because they aren't open, are strictly decoys to draw defenders, or is he being a dick towards guys that he feels haven't performed to his standard for them?

This may well be part of the problem. Not saying it is, just saying that this is a scenario we should watch closely, to see if he's the one deciding they ain't getting the ball.

How ironic that would be if the student mimicked the master.

I just skimmed over it again and I just can't believe the stuff I read.
The balls Rodgers had as a rookie to stand up in front of the team and call out Brett for having a lower Wonderlick score than him,
it's unbelievable. Then Driver told Rodgers to go f#*k off.
And Brett refusing to throw passes to the rookie TE.

Crazy Stuff!
I can't wait for the book to come out.

I had to read that part twice.. That's not even a rookie trying to make a place for himself. That's just flat out pompous a** trying to embarass the old guy.

Now many many elite athletes are complete a**holes. So i'm not going to hold it against Arod. Though it may explain some locker room and team issues we see with lack of leadership etc... Wonder if Masthay got into it with Arod kind of like we suspect Sitton did.

I had to read that part twice.. That's not even a rookie trying to make a place for himself. That's just flat out pompous a** trying to embarass the old guy.

Now many many elite athletes are complete a**holes. So i'm not going to hold it against Arod. Though it may explain some locker room and team issues we see with lack of leadership etc... Wonder if Masthay got into it with Arod kind of like we suspect Sitton did.

Sure makes you wonder. Especially in light of the Schum pickup that really hasn't netted the Packers any further advantage over Masthay or Mortell. As I stated before, it would be ironic.

Favre was a dick to anyone who wanted to take his status of undisputed God of the team away. He had coaches and players kissing his ass. I think it was good that Rodgers came in with the attitude of time for grandpa to step out of the way and make room for me. Rodgers had the attitude that he was going to be the best and Favre stood in his way. I think it was part of why Rodgers became the best because he had the will and fire to do so. Part of the reason why he might have had struggled lately is now he feels he is the best so no reason to try to be it anymore. Though I for sure am going to have to go to the library and get this to read when it comes out.

I read Rodgers' cockiness is why SF's HC Mike Nolan wanted Smith instead of AR in that 2005 draft too.

I see favre's attitude less as treat me as god, and more "you have to earn my respect".

That's what I got from that rookie WR who was all starried eyed about meeting Favre and Favre ignored him. That's a much different beast than being pompous...

That rookie WR wasn't a threat to Favre's job like AR was.

Back