Rodgers revealed

Favre was a dick to anyone who wanted to take his status of undisputed God of the team away. He had coaches and players kissing his ass. I think it was good that Rodgers came in with the attitude of time for grandpa to step out of the way and make room for me. Rodgers had the attitude that he was going to be the best and Favre stood in his way. I think it was part of why Rodgers became the best because he had the will and fire to do so. Part of the reason why he might have had struggled lately is now he feels he is the best so no reason to try to be it anymore. Though I for sure am going to have to go to the library and get this to read when it comes out.

I miss the old days where they went to camp at St. Norberts, and all the rookies were dog meat until they broke camp. It stopped all these egocentric situations, because all vets treated all rookies like crap, and they learned to assimilate themselves into the team.

I remember talking to Ron Kostelnik before his third year with the Packers. He said that the toughest part of camp during his rookie season was waiting for a visit from the Turk. During his second season, he was still concerned about it because the Packers went into the draft with the notion they'd pick either the best DT or DE. Fortunately a guy named lionel Aldrich was available, and the rest is history. Ron spent 9 years with the Packers.

Can you imagine, 20 draft picks, some free agents, and a six week preseason, with guys actually under lock and key in the dorm rooms of the college. It was several weeks of "hell week."

If you went into camp with an ego, you did everything you could to suppress it, because it was a quasi-military operation, and there was only one man allowed to have an opinion, or ego. With the Packers, it was Vince Lombardi.

Favre was a dick to anyone who wanted to take his status of undisputed God of the team away. He had coaches and players kissing his ass. I think it was good that Rodgers came in with the attitude of time for grandpa to step out of the way and make room for me. Rodgers had the attitude that he was going to be the best and Favre stood in his way. I think it was part of why Rodgers became the best because he had the will and fire to do so. Part of the reason why he might have had struggled lately is now he feels he is the best so no reason to try to be it anymore. Though I for sure am going to have to go to the library and get this to read when it comes out.

Rodgers is sand aalways has been a pompous ass. Favre had respect from his teammates. He played hurt. He played hard and gave 150% on the field. Funny how you praise Rodgers for having that attitude but you rip other rookies like they have to earn it. You come into the league humble. Prove what you got. It's not handed to you by anyone

I see favre's attitude less as treat me as god, and more "you have to earn my respect".

That's what I got from that rookie WR who was all starried eyed about meeting Favre and Favre ignored him. That's a much different beast than being pompous...

I see favre's attitude less as treat me as god, and more "you have to earn my respect".

That's what I got from that rookie WR who was all starried eyed about meeting Favre and Favre ignored him. That's a much different beast than being pompous...

What rubbed me wrong way was how Favre had to have private area to park and go in and dress and how he would not work with anyone but his man guys and pretty much said screw you to anyone who thought was not even going to be on the team. To me that's a very pompous attitude. Though would be interesting to see if Rodger is that way now with the UDFA WR's the Packers have in camp.

What rubbed me wrong way was how Favre had to have private area to park and go in and dress and how he would not work with anyone but his man guys and pretty much said screw you to anyone who thought was not even going to be on the team. To me that's a very pompous attitude. Though would be interesting to see if Rodger is that way now with the UDFA WR's the Packers have in camp.

ya that's not cool...

All this, regarding Rodgers, brings up a very interesting situation. With so many WRs in house, and Rodgers only throwing to a few, is that because they aren't open, are strictly decoys to draw defenders, or is he being a dick towards guys that he feels haven't performed to his standard for them?

This may well be part of the problem. Not saying it is, just saying that this is a scenario we should watch closely, to see if he's the one deciding they ain't getting the ball.

I just skimmed over it again and I just can't believe the stuff I read.
The balls Rodgers had as a rookie to stand up in front of the team and call out Brett for having a lower Wonderlick score than him,
it's unbelievable. Then Driver told Rodgers to go f#*k off.
And Brett refusing to throw passes to the rookie TE.

Crazy Stuff!
I can't wait for the book to come out.

Back