Ranking the top 5 GMs in the NFL

The "cap hell" would be a lot more accurate if they had guaranteed contracts like baseball.

I like the NFL model much better.
Well there are guaranteed deals in the NFL. As to MLB the luxury tax is a complete joke. I agree I like the NFL model best. Not perfect but does what's intended too

Agree that coach B is number 1. The SB rings back that up. Newsome listed at 4 think is still under-rated.

2 interesting things in this......

1.) Is how Seattle's GM is more like Ron Wolf then Thompson is, especially in finding mid to late round starters and aboviously his use of free agency. Flip side of this is he also was lucky to have a cheap Franchise QB as a bargain for years by being a 3rd Rd pick. With the field level for him now will be interesting what happens from here.

2.) Think comparing Thompson to Pat's is valid as both teams have similar Franchise QBs for cap values and both typically draft in the same area of the draft every year. The major difference is the obvious one....Pat's use free agency and Pack typically doesn't

Schneider benefitted from Ted's board. What has he done since?

Elway is a flash in the pan. He needs to prove he can sustain a winning franchise.

Belicheck has a politically connected owner that allows him to cheat.

I could agree with Ozzie Newsome as being better than Ted I'll say, Ozzie, Ted, Reggie McKenzie. Top three.

Schneider benefitted from Ted's board. What has he done since?

Elway is a flash in the pan. He needs to prove he can sustain a winning franchise.

Belicheck has a politically connected owner that allows him to cheat.

I could agree with Ozzie Newsome as being better than Ted I'll say, Ozzie, Ted, Reggie McKenzie. Top three.

Schneider benefitted from Thompsons board? Example please

And how did BB cheat as a GM?

And, that flash in the pan has already equaled the Pack's Lombardis under TT.

And, that flash in the pan has already equaled the Pack's Lombardis under TT.

And now he's stuck with Mark Sanchez at QB. I'd like to see if Elway can accumulate talent every year near the bottom of each round in the draft and still make the playoffs year after year.

And now he's stuck with Mark Sanchez at QB. I'd like to see if Elway can accumulate talent every year near the bottom of each round in the draft and still make the playoffs year after year.
At ethe end of the day day it s still a a QB driven league. Has been for 20 years. If you have a franchise / elite qb you have a a shot each year. If not sit's a a struggle

Sometimes I forget which forum is aware of my (admittedly personal) viewpoint. I don't care about making the playoffs year after year, I only care about winning it all. So, again just my own viewpoint, the Broncos and Pack are tied for success. And, Elway may still be able to put together a team that can (fill in your own standards) - when his approach actually fails (I'd be willing to go through several rebuilding years for the next Lombardi), then we can bring this out of the archives for additional discussion.

Sometimes I forget which forum is aware of my (admittedly personal) viewpoint. I don't care about making the playoffs year after year, I only care about winning it all. So, again just my own viewpoint, the Broncos and Pack are tied for success. And, Elway may still be able to put together a team that can (fill in your own standards) - when his approach actually fails (I'd be willing to go through several rebuilding years for the next Lombardi), then we can bring this out of the archives for additional discussion.

Of course you have to get into the playoffs in order to win it all...

I was going to include that, but I figured it was a little trite by this time. :) Personally, I wouldn't care if my team didn't make the playoffs, and hence couldn't win it all, as long as when they did make the playoffs, they made the most of it. Look, I understand your POV, which is much more common than mine, and I have no problem with folks that see the last couple of decades, and particularly the TT era, as a great success, making us spoiled, et. al. That's just not how I see it, and, therefore, is why I give Elway a lot of credit.

Back