Ranking the top 5 GMs in the NFL

I was going to include that, but I figured it was a little trite by this time. :) Personally, I wouldn't care if my team didn't make the playoffs, and hence couldn't win it all, as long as when they did make the playoffs, they made the most of it. Look, I understand your POV, which is much more common than mine, and I have no problem with folks that see the last couple of decades, and particularly the TT era, as a great success, making us spoiled, et. al. That's just not how I see it, and, therefore, is why I give Elway a lot of credit.
The last 20 years of success are directly linked to Favre and Rodgers. I can make a case that we may have made a nice run with Burnell but there was not a quarterback on the roster who could have given this team a legit chance to win in the Rodgers era.

The last 20 years of success are directly linked to Favre and Rodgers. I can make a case that we may have made a nice run with Burnell but there was not a quarterback on the roster who could have given this team a legit chance to win in the Rodgers era.

Certainly agree with the first sentence. Do not understand the bold.

Certainly agree with the first sentence. Do not understand the bold.

Not one qb on the roster in the Rodgers era other than #12 was capable of givinig this team a legit chance to make a deep playoff run

there was not a quarterback on the roster who could have given this team a legit chance to win in the Rodgers era.

Oh, you mean a different guy. I kept looking at the above and saying to myself, "isn't Rodgers the guy on the roster in the Rodgers era who could give them a legit chance to win?" :)

I was going to include that, but I figured it was a little trite by this time. :) Personally, I wouldn't care if my team didn't make the playoffs, and hence couldn't win it all, as long as when they did make the playoffs, they made the most of it. Look, I understand your POV, which is much more common than mine, and I have no problem with folks that see the last couple of decades, and particularly the TT era, as a great success, making us spoiled, et. al. That's just not how I see it, and, therefore, is why I give Elway a lot of credit.

Elway became the Broncos' GM in 2011 and won the SB 5 years later. Ted became the Packers' GM in 2005 and won the SB 5 years later. We shall see if either man can win it again. Until one of them does IMO their resumes are pretty similar.

I think having 2 of the best Qbs for 20 yrs and only 2 SB rings to this point is a crime. Pat's have what, 6 SB appearances and 4 rings. So if just making the playoffs is fine for most OK, but at the end of the day it's the rings that count in my book.

2 no excuse losses, one under Sherman and one under McCarthy......the 4th and 26 and total team Defense against Seattle.....of course there are others as well....

Back