Post Game Thread : Tennessee Takes GB To The Woodshed

Green bay was taken to the Woodshed today. Dick Lebeau made sure TN out schemed Capers most of the day and kept Rodgers out of it for the most part.

Right now we can't play with/against big physical OL or aggressive defense. Beyond that we don't have enough consistent horses in the stable to get in a slug fest anymore. Add in the injuries 3-4 per game and your already in deep poo.

This team just plain quits at times... they spark for a series or 2 but then Offense dies/defense sparks or vice versa. Add it all up it's ugly and smells like the end of the Sherman era or a Lindy ball club depending on the game.

I have no idea WTH a matter in GB fully but things are broken and that none of you can deny anymore.sb(tc(

This is the worst Packers team we've seen since the Ray Rhodes season. It is the perfect storm. Hopefully, we see some widespread changes in-season or off-season. I just don't care. This team has taken years of my life with their commitment to tanking close playoff games.

Now, we are seeing them unravel at the seams. And, we've all known it for some time: this team was only as good as A-Rod playing unreal for 4 years. Now that he is an average qb who makes the occasional sensational play, the Packers are toast.

Dom should be canned on Monday. This has to be one of the worst 3-game stretches a defense has ever put together. People were playing the injury excuse card against Atlanta, but I saw yet another Capers defense that was incapable of making stops. This wasn't just the opposing receivers beating our corners off the line, this was a complete lack of preparation and discipline with players blowing countless assignments.

It's finally time to part ways with McCarthy this off season. The leash has run out. Back-to-back pathetic performances in all 3 phases of the game for a team that should be playing desperate. The only reason you keep him until then is that somehow, some way, we're still right in the thick of the division race.

Deja vu! Welcome to the 70s & 80s!

Dead horse, but I actually didn't mind that period as much as many. They certainly had some of the problems we're facing now (coaching/drafting), but we knew going in that they we're going to accomplish anything significant, other than occasionally ruining a rival's chances, so each game could be our Super Bowl. They had a handful of really, really good players over that stretch, but never more than a couple at any one time. It WASN'T a case of "how can people that talented wet the bed that badly and consistently?". They were more like the Cubs (until this year) lovable losers who TRIED HARD but just didn't have it.

This is the worst Packers team we've seen since the Ray Rhodes season. It is the perfect storm. Hopefully, we see some widespread changes in-season or off-season. I just don't care. This team has taken years of my life with their commitment to tanking close playoff games.

Now, we are seeing them unravel at the seams. And, we've all known it for some time: this team was only as good as A-Rod playing unreal for 4 years. Now that he is an average qb who makes the occasional sensational play, the Packers are toast.
I think the comparison to the Ray Rhodes team is spot on. We're really not as bad as the last three weeks say, but rather we are LESS than the sum of our parts. That's coaching and leadership. Rhodes took over a playoff caliber team and you could watch it unravel. 8-8 and he was gone.
I chuckle at MM's facial contortions sometimes, he reminds me of a Dad trying to raise teenagers. All the teens/players hear is 'blah, blah, blah'. In 2010 we snuck into the playoffs and went on a run, we were greater than the sum of our parts. Not so today, the pendulum has swung back and its time to move on.

Worst score loss in NFL since 1948 in regular season.

Local sport guys saying this team yesterday as bad as the 1970s Forrest Gregg teams and maybe worse and call them awful.

Can't just throw Caper's under the bus. Lack of talent and playmakers falls on TT and coaches. Plus remember McCarthy has a big part of the Defense also and we don't know how much is McCarthy also.

Team has imploded and mailed it in. Read the body language, pay attention to things coming out in press both local and nationally. Where smoke is fire.

Local is saying if we were privately owned MM would be fired today, but way things are set up its questionable if team keeps going this way if he even gets fired.

Can they turn it around? Yeah but would almost take a miracle at this point.

Imo what is needed at season's end is cleaning of house from GM, HC, through trainers using yoga seeing how many injuries we keep having....At minimum MM needs to go but seems TT and MM are joined at the hip, so most are doubtful of any change

T- I'm sorry, but what is:

Worst score loss in NFL since 1948 in regular season.

I'm a little foggy this morning.

What happens on game day doesn't matter anymore...

The locker room is split (more evidence was Daniels rant and the reaction to it by other players)
Coaching is subpar
There is no leadership from the coaches
Sitton and Masthay getting the boot had nothing to do with performance IMHO, they said something to hurt someone's ego or call out deficiencies. I'm guessing they called out the coaches.

There is no longer a need to delay the transition. It needs to happen now at all levels. We see the big contracts coming up for guys that are past their prime. We see that transition in the roster and team coming up. No need to let TT hold the team back anymore. Bring in the next front office and let them start planning for the future.

MM can't handle his leadership responsibilities. The writing is on the wall. Lets move on and get back to fielding an elite team.

It's not like GB was losing close games to top tier teams. GB got embarrassed by IND and TEN...

Let's start with the fact we have no RB or TE. Other than Nelson who do you have to account for on offense? On defense the OL is basically Daniels and that's it. At LB we have no edge rusher, Ryan is a liability in coverage. Then in the secondary we are without our top CB. Ok now let's address depth. Well there is none so that was a short discussion

I get the Rhodes comparison. But let's look back. That team had more talent and leadership. Favre, Levels, Freeman, Chewey , Driver, Butler, McKenzie, Williams, Dotson. This team is void of both. And that's on Thompson. Sure McCarthy has issues. Most if not all head coaches do. And maybe change is needed. But a change at HC and GM is not fixing this mess anytime soon

Back