Post Game Thread : Panthers Claw Out A 37-29 Win Over Green Bay

Great points, Pack.

Not speaking for everyone but I think there is frustration with MM and the lack of adjustments he makes in games and going into the next game. If he would just take what the defense gives him sometimes and also have the balls to fire one of his coaches (minus Slocum because he had to), maybe we would have a little more respect for the guy. Put your players into positions to succeed not just what you think is the only way to get it done.

That is why I am frustrated anyway.

A lot of that is on Rodgers. He changes plays at the lineH.He adjusts routes. Did McCarthy acmiss a wide open Cobb Sunday in the end zone? Don't get me started on the double standard on criticism between Rodgers and Favre. Favre bwouldbe run out of town for missing that playI.I digress

I get the frustration. Just think a lot of the blame is misplaced

Great points, Pack.

Not speaking for everyone but I think there is frustration with MM and the lack of adjustments he makes in games and going into the next game. If he would just take what the defense gives him sometimes and also have the balls to fire one of his coaches (minus Slocum because he had to), maybe we would have a little more respect for the guy. Put your players into positions to succeed not just what you think is the only way to get it done.

That is why I am frustrated anyway.

I think they do make some in game adjustments. But they are adjustments focused on a flawed game plan sometimes. MM is so stubborn with his "we put out personnel sets to create mismatches" bh)Great coach. Looks great on paper. But when your receivers aren't good enough to take advantage of those mismatches, or for them to be mismatches at all to begin with, then it doesn't matter what you do.

Who was the one guy on offense who look liked he actually wanted to play, and actually did much? James Starks. So what did MM do? Not use him very much. Lacy wasn't doing anything, and if he's injured that makes it worse. Because you have a guy on the sideline who as looked good at times, and is healthy. His name is Harris. And he wasn't used at all. That's also on the coach.

I also echo what Pack just said. Arod can't escape criticism either. Granted the oline has had him running for his life last couple weeks. And he seems spooked. Something going with that guy, not sure what it is. But his head has not been in it recently. But he gets paid a lot of $$$ to show up every week and lead the team.

All points well taken.

The team and coaches should all be held accountable. No doubt.

I appreciate the different insights on this. thumbsup

I think it's sad when the biggest play remembered by the defense is the scuffle on the sideline. Do our coaches actually teach the 'blocking sled' technique for pass rush? HaHa is getting a lot of criticism this week, but I'll give him kudos for trying to hold up while we lacked our #1 and #4 CBs and had NO SACKS. Rarely did we even make Cam move his feet. Our blitzers conveniently ran right into the blockers and quit moving their feet. Capers has become incredibly predictable again, I feel he is outsmarting himself.

One last observation- stop with the Favre- Arod stuff. Completely different teams, it really is Apples and oranges, IMO.

Ha Ha is another player that needs to be held accountable.

He continues to be inconsistent. I know it is only his 2nd year; however, he played horrible on Sunday. Bad angles and being in the wrong spots in zone defense. Not good.
I blame him for the 59 yard pass on 3rd and 16. (Although, I hated the zone call by Capers) He was way too deep in that zone call. He let the WR cut right in front of him and right in back of the DB's and LB's.

Ha Ha is another player that needs to be held accountable.

He continues to be inconsistent. I know it is only his 2nd year; however, he played horrible on Sunday. Bad angles and being in the wrong spots in zone defense. Not good.
I blame him for the 59 yard pass on 3rd and 16. (Although, I hated the zone call by Capers) He was way too deep in that zone call. He let the WR cut right in front of him and right in back of the DB's and LB's.

Neither he nor Morgan Burnett covered anyone in the play. Yes they both should have played that one differently but I consider them both victims of the ever stupid 3 man rush.

Neither he nor Morgan Burnett covered anyone in the play. Yes they both should have played that one differently but I consider them both victims of the ever stupid 3 man rush.

Hey that 3 man rush looks great on paper. And when they self scouted it on Madden 15 it was gold....

I think it's sad when the biggest play remembered by the defense is the scuffle on the sideline. Do our coaches actually teach the 'blocking sled' technique for pass rush? HaHa is getting a lot of criticism this week, but I'll give him kudos for trying to hold up while we lacked our #1 and #4 CBs and had NO SACKS. Rarely did we even make Cam move his feet. Our blitzers conveniently ran right into the blockers and quit moving their feet. Capers has become incredibly predictable again, I feel he is outsmarting himself.

One last observation- stop with the Favre- Arod stuff. Completely different teams, it really is Apples and oranges, IMO.[/QUOTE

I'm not comparing the players rbreakFavre b/ Rodgers. cI'mcomparing the fan criticism. Rodgers gets much more of a pass.

...Rodgers gets much more of a pass.

don't you think that's because rodgers has demonstrated a far lower propensity to turn over the ball? i know i cut him slack for that and i am a huge favre supporter.

Not sure you can compare the two though.. Really two different styles of play. And Favre was working under a much stronger HC....

But right now Arod is not playing well. So as the guy with the biggest contract he should get the least amount of slack.

Back