Post Game Thread Packers Defeat Dallas 28-7

I only saw the first half, didn't see much of the second. Saw some good things, and some not so good things.

First a win is a win is a win. Nice to get a win at home against a conference opponent. Was the switch with MM calling plays the spark? It will be trumpeted as such but correlation is not causation. Maybe it put guys on notice the men upstairs weren't happy. But it didn't look that much different than Clements calling plays. And Clements still has an 8-4 record as OC... We will see going forward if at least physiologically the change had an effect.

MVP of the team so far this year. James Starks. Always gives 150% always seems to get those plays and extra yards when GB needs them. Lacy well done as well...

Adams getting benched for a bit (if that's what happened). Good, it's about time. I'm not buying that injury excuse as a reason he just stinks this year. Sure it hampers him, but not to this level. Major disappointment his year.

DAL put up 171 yards on the ground with a QB that was no threat to go deep.. Pathetic rush D.... On the other hand DAL only had 99 yards passing. Doesn't matter who the QB is that's nice work. Good job pass D.

Nice job by Oline most of the game....

TE's stunk and ineffective. Major need in draft along with WR...

somewhere in the back of my mind, i'm holding out hope that they are saving janis as a receiver for the playoffs - unscouted looks. i can dream can't i?

If you want to hold out hope for anyone, it's Abbredaris. Adams was benched for him for several series, and it'll be interesting to see if that continues next week. We've seen some changes in recent weeks for guys who were underperforming - Lacy benched, Clements benched, Adams benched briefly, Palmer benched, Guion losing snaps to Pennell. When they watch the tape Adams may find himself on the sideline more next week.

As for Janis, let's just enjoy what he IS doing right now and not what we think he should be doing. Yesterday was about as dominant a performance at gunner as I can remember, and against a very good return man too. He's making an impact.

My only real frustration is how Aaron still seems to just throw to Cobb and Jones. Rodgers played a pretty good game last week and aside from the TD I didn't really see any balls thrown his way.

Rodgers didn't get open much. He has probably the best hands on the team but he is slow.

My only real frustration is how Aaron still seems to just throw to Cobb and Jones. Rodgers played a pretty good game last week and aside from the TD I didn't really see any balls thrown his way.

rodgers threw to nine different receivers yesterday. eight of them caught at least one pass. abbrederris being the only one who did not. but, yes - 19 of his 33 targeted passes (2 passes were thrown out of bounds) were intended for either cobb or jones.

Rodgers didn't get open much. He has probably the best hands on the team but he is slow.

He's great at a simple quick route. And catching a ball when he's wide open. But he isn't one you can count on to make his own space. Nice goal line TE, he ran a nice route on that TD, but other than that we need someone for moving the chains...

rodgers threw to nine different receivers yesterday. eight of them caught at least one pass. abbrederris being the only one who did not. but, yes - 19 of his 33 targeted passes (2 passes were thrown out of bounds) were intended for either cobb or jones.

Maybe that's just where the matchups were favorable. Nine different receivers, I believe Aaron WILL throw to whoever is open. Adams is getting beat up on the boards, deservedly so. I still believe he will be okay, second year WRs aren't usually counted on for as much production as was seemingly expected out of him. While he is struggling with the statistical side I think he is contributing in an area there a little stats for- blocking! You didn't see him standing around unengaged at the end of running plays. I really believe he's having a tough 'sophomore slump' year exacerbated by the absence of Jordy.

Otherwise, our young secondary played okay. Cassell and the weather helped, but those young guys give me hope. One of the two long runs was a missed tackle by Rollins. I think they had like 92 yards on two separated carries, so the run defense was good otherwise. It leaves me frustrated with our 3rd quarter efforts. It looked like we thought it was over the way we came out of the locker room after halftime. That was a poor effort and let Dallas stay in the game when we should have been applying the 'dagger'. MM shouldn't pat himself on the back too much, this game was up for grabs with 5 min left!

Back