Post Game Thread: Green Bay Beats The Chargers 23-20

One other thing I consistently see with Jordan Love.

He is very even keeled even under pressure or at least he looks that way. He seems to be very calm in all situations which is cool to see. It seems like his teammates say this as well.

Wasn't Bart Starr the same way back in the day. Very even keeled under pressure and had a calmness about him?

One thing I noticed about Love is if a player screws up on the route he's not screaming at them on the field like a former player did.
Except for the 3rd down after the fumble late in the game, when Wicks ran the wrong route against coverage. That was an animated as I've ever seen Love and I was glad to see it. That was the sequence where he overthrew Musgrave on 1st down, then Wicks dropped what would've been a first down catch on 2nd, then on 3rd and long Wicks could've had a 1st if he ran the right route. That's the young offense in a nutshell.

One other thing I consistently see with Jordan Love.

He is very even keeled even under pressure or at least he looks that way. He seems to be very calm in all situations which is cool to see. It seems like his teammates say this as well.

Wasn't Bart Starr the same way back in the day. Very even keeled under pressure and had a calmness about him?
Not gonna compare anyone to Bart but I will say this about Love: he doesn't play like a young QB, he plays like an inexperienced QB. There's a veteran maturity to his game overall but you can see that he simply hasn't played a lot. It's why he needs to just play more and I think and hope we're starting to see him turn the corner a bit.

One thing I noticed about Love is if a player screws up on the route he's not screaming at them on the field like a former player did.

Sometimes young WR's need to hear when they screw up. You saw Brady do it and other good QB's do it.

I was not talking about screw ups. I was talking about Jordan not getting jittery under pressure.

Sometimes young WR's need to hear when they screw up. You saw Brady do it and other good QB's do it.

I was not talking about screw ups. I was talking about Jordan not getting jittery under pressure.
I have no problem telling they screwed up but do it on sidelines were the camera is likely not going to be on you to see you doing that.

Doubs is turning into a James Jones clone. Not a bad thing, definitely a place for a guy like that on the roster, but he's not WR1, he's a floating WR2-4. It's kind of a funny group, the way it's shaping up I don't love the fit for Watson right now. I appreciate what his speed does for the O overall but he's gotta elevate the physicality and route running big time otherwise he's really sitting there as a productive WR4 type. Or am I way off? Reed looks like a legit slot weapon. Wicks for a rookie has shown really good intelligence against zone coverage and the ability to separate against man, but lack of speed and sometimes iffy hands hold him back (but for a 4th or 5th rounder he looks awesome right now). Has potential to be a volume receiver. Watson's speed is dynamic but as these other guys round into form and they add another WR to the mix next year, how many snaps/looks is he getting? Who comes off the field for him?
I see your comparison to Jones. But, a little differently. He's starting out a lot like Donald Driver. He's the go-to-guy when it comes to possession, and getting that first down in traffic. They may not look like a #1 receiver, but in reality, they are, because they become the most trusted receiver on the field, and at least create enough havoc that they draw double coverage on key downs to spring someone else open. Often, they are still the target, because they're the best out there on the 50/50 balls. As Doubs gains more experience, his game is going to grow. Just look at how he created the TD pass, through his recognition of coverage, and even signaling to Love that he was getting open. This is smart football, and the announcers praised him for it. It's what separates the Donald Driver types from the rest. They can be counted on.

I saw this in Doubs from the time he took the field in practices. There's been something about his game that tells me that we haven't seen anything of what we will, before this guy ends his career. He's a special talent. He shouldn't be judged by the yards he gained, or the number of receptions. Take a look at his TDs. Then, if you can find a stat, look at how many times he's made catches that move the chains, especially on 3rd down. These are marks of a possession receiver with smarts.

I see your comparison to Jones. But, a little differently. He's starting out a lot like Donald Driver. He's the go-to-guy when it comes to possession, and getting that first down in traffic. They may not look like a #1 receiver, but in reality, they are, because they become the most trusted receiver on the field, and at least create enough havoc that they draw double coverage on key downs to spring someone else open. Often, they are still the target, because they're the best out there on the 50/50 balls. As Doubs gains more experience, his game is going to grow. Just look at how he created the TD pass, through his recognition of coverage, and even signaling to Love that he was getting open. This is smart football, and the announcers praised him for it. It's what separates the Donald Driver types from the rest. They can be counted on.

I saw this in Doubs from the time he took the field in practices. There's been something about his game that tells me that we haven't seen anything of what we will, before this guy ends his career. He's a special talent. He shouldn't be judged by the yards he gained, or the number of receptions. Take a look at his TDs. Then, if you can find a stat, look at how many times he's made catches that move the chains, especially on 3rd down. These are marks of a possession receiver with smarts.
Point well taken, TW.

Doubs was also hurt some last year so he has not had a lot of in game experience so I could see next year him taking one more jump. Hopefully, he does. He seems to run pretty solid routes and can get behind CB's deep so he does show he has the ability. And 7 TDs is nothing to sneeze at through 10 games.

Back