Post Game: Tampa Takes GB To The Woodshed 38-10

I'll give you the talent issue.

But, it would be nice if our less talented guys gave the appearance of wanting to make a tackle and the attitude to do it. That would go a long way to making the Pack defense tolerable.
Sometimes you can’t put lipstick on a pig. This defense is not athletic, other than Alexander it’s not real physical and maybe the most glaring issue is lack of quality depth.

I've seen teams get beaten as badly as the Packers did, then turn around and play the same team later in the season, or in the playoffs, and return the favor. It's all about how you are able to exploit match ups. Good coaches find ways to change the dynamics, if they have enough talent on their team to do it.

False start or offside. One of the two. I doubt this was the only missed call during the game. We're now into week 7, and we know we were exposed both on offense and defense. Improvements have to happen. Do they have the horses to do it?

I'm always going to be concerned with our defense. The front 7 just doesn't make plays. On offense, most of us believed the line was in fairly decent shape. The Bucs exposed how poorly they can play.

Let's hope LeFleur and his assistants can find a better game with the players we've got. I just don't see the Packers doing any of the trades that are rumors at this point. It just isn't in their nature.

I'm always going to be concerned with our defense. The front 7 just doesn't make plays.

This. This is what, in my mind, I always come back to each game. Now, I'm not gonna throw out a bunch of stats, as I have none, but they just don't pass the eye test. I know the Pack is 4-1 and some can say that the D is doing their job but stats aside, being honest with myself, I just can't get past what I see each week. Front 7 doesn't make plays. Tackling can be suspect. The list goes on but the bottom line is that if this offense isn't humming on all cylinders, that defense is gonna bail anyone out.

False start or offside. One of the two. I doubt this was the only missed call during the game. We're now into week 7, and we know we were exposed both on offense and defense. Improvements have to happen. Do they have the horses to do it?

I'm always going to be concerned with our defense. The front 7 just doesn't make plays. On offense, most of us believed the line was in fairly decent shape. The Bucs exposed how poorly they can play.

Let's hope LeFleur and his assistants can find a better game with the players we've got. I just don't see the Packers doing any of the trades that are rumors at this point. It just isn't in their nature.
I don’t know if we have been exposed on offense. Sure we did not run the ball well but who has run well on Tampa? No one. The line is fine. The pressure came almost exclusively from blitz packages and some of that blame is on RB’s picking up pressure. Now if Bak is out that changes things a bit. I trust the staff to adjust.

As to defense it’s been exposed from day 1.The inability to defend the run and lack of QB pressure has been an ongoing issue. If anything, safety play is inconsistent at best and if 37 has to play extended snaps at CB lord help us.

Back