Post Game: Raiders beat Packers 17-13

I just don't agree, GBP. Jaire may not be the best wordsmith in the world, but I don't think he's going to bag on his own team at all. The offense *is* young and they *are* "still figuring out their mojo". We've all complained for ages that this defense disappears for long stretches when by all accounts they should not.....and that's what he's saying (imo).
This actually almost looks like leadership from the defense. That would be refreshing.

I just don't agree, GBP. Jaire may not be the best wordsmith in the world, but I don't think he's going to bag on his own team at all. The offense *is* young and they *are* "still figuring out their mojo". We've all complained for ages that this defense disappears for long stretches when by all accounts they should not.....and that's what he's saying (imo).
Not only do they disappear for stretches, and I have no stats to back this up, but it always feels like they give up a score when it's least ideal. What I mean, and it happened Monday night when GB had 1 and Goal from the 4 I think, and they couldn't punch in the TD. Once they made the FG, I just had this "Oh no" feeling that D was gonna allow the Raiders to march down the field and score. Not only did they score, they scored a TD which put them up for good. Again, no stats to back it up but it feels like it happens often in those types of situations.

Not only do they disappear for stretches, and I have no stats to back this up, but it always feels like they give up a score when it's least ideal. What I mean, and it happened Monday night when GB had 1 and Goal from the 4 I think, and they couldn't punch in the TD. Once they made the FG, I just had this "Oh no" feeling that D was gonna allow the Raiders to march down the field and score. Not only did they score, they scored a TD which put them up for good. Again, no stats to back it up but it feels like it happens often in those types of situations.
What has bothered me is the "prevent defense" that they keep wheeling out to stop teams from scoring at crucial times near the end of a game. It's like the old saying; "Death by a thousand cuts." They draw back in the defensive secondary, add a D-back on the field, and watch the opposition eat them up with short to mid-range passes, until they score. I've watched that for several years now, not just with Barry.

What has bothered me is the "prevent defense" that they keep wheeling out to stop teams from scoring at crucial times near the end of a game. It's like the old saying; "Death by a thousand cuts." They draw back in the defensive secondary, add a D-back on the field, and watch the opposition eat them up with short to mid-range passes, until they score. I've watched that for several years now, not just with Barry.
do teams EVER try to go deep anymore in the 2 minute drill? maybe try to sneak 1 in every once in a while, but they know what that zone gives them and they take it . . .

Why not call a TO or do anything tell them jump offsides or something so you can get different personal out there just don't say oh it's on me after the fact. React to it before hand Slow Joe.

He is what he is. It’s a defense that does not aspire to greatness, it doesn’t try to be suffocating. In some ways the players have made Barry look better than he is, in other ways the players make the scheme look worse than it is. For all the botched calls and alignments etc they rarely get blown out, but they never win a game themselves either. It’s a deferential defense.

He is what he is. It’s a defense that does not aspire to greatness, it doesn’t try to be suffocating. In some ways the players have made Barry look better than he is, in other ways the players make the scheme look worse than it is. For all the botched calls and alignments etc they rarely get blown out, but they never win a game themselves either. It’s a deferential defense.
Good summation. I've been trying to come up with a description for this defense and I think you nailed it.

Back