Post Game: Jets Defeat Green Bay 27-10

They'll have good young players on rookie contracts, Bakh and other contracts will be phased out. Cap will go up, they'll clear space.
12 will carry significant dead cap money and the cap won’t go up enough to compensate. The only significant rookie deals are 7 & 21 on defense 87 & 9 on offense. It’s not an optimal situation

12 will carry significant dead cap money and the cap won’t go up enough to compensate. The only significant rookie deals are 7 & 21 on defense 87 & 9 on offense. It’s not an optimal situation
Yep it's going to be 2024 or 2025 until they can clear bad contracts and likely can decent cap space.

That’s the risk you take, doesnt mean it wasn’t worth trying. Only one team can win every year
I mean, I can't prove they really made a deal like this, just seems like it to me. Could be they're just winging it or something. But yeah man.

13-3 with league MVP qb, isn't really a fail imo. Most coaches would give their eye teeth for that. Much less two seasons in a row of that.

I mean, I can't prove they really made a deal like this, just seems like it to me. Could be they're just winging it or something. But yeah man.

13-3 with league MVP qb, isn't really a fail imo. Most coaches would give their eye teeth for that. Much less two seasons in a row of that.
I agree with you on the last piece. Personally I think they weren’t quite as good as their record in 2019 and 2021, but in a league where there’s so little separating good teams from bad, the Rodgers-Adams combo and ML coming in and shaking things up got them on the winning side of the line. Now they’ve lost just enough to push them on the other side of that winning line, to where big wins become close wins, and close wins become losses.

I still maintain that the league is crappy enough for GB to win again, but not with this current mix. They found Rasul Douglas mid-season 2021 and he completely changed their season. They need something like that at WR or TE.

What in blazes happened to the OL? Is Newman infectious because no one could pickup a stunt. Every single one of them played horribly.

Silver linings: (Squint hard):

Looks like Big Bob is getting in shape
Alexander was playing man-to-man on their best WR...quite often!
The D looked good...initially. Overall they weren't bad, but they keepd giving up big runs.
Gary looked good - even set an edge in the run game.
That.. is about it. Offense is really hard to watch. Really curious why Jones was barely part of the game plan - even passing or screens??

Just finished rewatching the game( couldn't sleep) and this is like a bad joke. Whatever downfield accuracy Rodgers used to have is totally gone. And not just being injured this week, because it's been every week this season. I've heard a lot of commentary about how defenses are playing GB short and daring them to throw deep and you can really see why this game. If it's not throwing into safety coverage it's just missing the throw.

So if you're not a good passing team you need to be a good running team, right? So exactly where is even the smallest effort to become a good running team? Plus the Packers are running on early downs too often which is the opposite of what you want to do to develop a running game. Throw for five yards on 1st down and then run run run. Instead Jones is being treated like he's just some ordinary back and Dillon like a scrub off the practice squad.

I'd love to hear even one thing the HC, OC, DC and O-Line coach have done to deserve the paycheck they're getting.

What in blazes happened to the OL? Is Newman infectious because no one could pickup a stunt. Every single one of them played horribly.

Silver linings: (Squint hard):

Looks like Big Bob is getting in shape
Alexander was playing man-to-man on their best WR...quite often!
The D looked good...initially. Overall they weren't bad, but they keepd giving up big runs.
Gary looked good - even set an edge in the run game.
That.. is about it. Offense is really hard to watch. Really curious why Jones was barely part of the game plan - even passing or screens??
Jets DL was just lights out. Jones could not get anything going because our OL could not open holes. Also I think he and Dillon were often needed as a extra blocker because our OL was playing so bad.

Back