Post Game: Jets Defeat Green Bay 27-10

It's a long season still and I'm not writing them off. Still, it should be clear by now that the personnel groups they have at OL, WR and TE are just not going to get it done, and if nothing changes, WILL sink the season on them sooner than later. Top down I think the org has been served a big slice of humble pie.

To start with I would shake up the OL. I don't know if Nijman is worth a damn at RT but they can't plaster a capable OT to the bench in favor of Royce Newman, I don't see the harm in giving him a shot at RT and moving Jenkins back inside, who is not nearly close to himself right now and his current athletic limitations with the recovering knee are being exposed on the edge. That means we're still stuck with Runyan at one spot but things are what they are, I'm sure they were hoping Rhyan would push sooner than later but looks like he's just gonna get a redshirt year. Tom maybe is an option too but he may need another year to get his strength up.

As for WR, ive seen some names thrown around, any one of them IMO is worth a shot getting in here. Maybe Watkins comes back and makes a little difference. Lazard is a #3, Doubs is playing better than his stats show but for whatever reasons you want to say, he just doesn't have a connection with Rodgers. I don't think the FO knows what a TE is or how to get one on the team. I like that Tonyan got a bunch of catches but he's another one that just isn't all the way back from knee surgery.

Stop and think about that. Teams know this team is so talent devoid that they prefer to stack the line and put the ball in Arods hands. If that isn’t an indictment of Gutey roster building ability not sure what is…
This was about the time of year in 2015 when Wade Phillips in Denver figured out the same thing and roughed up GB's WR on Sunday night TV. It's been done before and Aaron was MUCH better back then.

Stop and think about that. Teams know this team is so talent devoid that they prefer to stack the line and put the ball in Arods hands. If that isn’t an indictment of Gutey roster building ability not sure what is…
I love Gutey as a GM, but he only gets so many draft choices. And only has so much cap space. They need Aaron now, or at least for the past couple years, but it really seems to me they've been planning for the Post-Aaron era.

I love Gutey as a GM, but he only gets so many draft choices. And only has so much cap space. They need Aaron now, or at least for the past couple years, but it really seems to me they've been planning for the Post-Aaron era.
Your GM traded picks , your FO extended contracts with void year. They are culpable

I disagree about their plans; they have operated since 2019 with no regard for the post-Aaron era. Void years, extensions, restructures, plus the massive cash out the door to Aaron himself. If they really think Love could be the guy then they have done an awful job setting him up for success, the teams he’s likely to inherit is going to be seriously lacking in depth and talent.

I disagree about their plans; they have operated since 2019 with no regard for the post-Aaron era. Void years, extensions, restructures, plus the massive cash out the door to Aaron himself. If they really think Love could be the guy then they have done an awful job setting him up for success, the teams he’s likely to inherit is going to be seriously lacking in depth and talent.
Maybe, but I think they made Aaron a deal. The mainstream theory is they just turned around and bent over for him, but I think there were demands met on each side.

If he inherits the team next year, he's gonna have a young defense, depth on OL and some young WRs. The cap will be a mess, but we'll see what they got up their sleeves for that.

Maybe, but I think they made Aaron a deal. The mainstream theory is they just turned around and bent over for him, but I think there were demands met on each side.

If he inherits the team next year, he's gonna have a young defense, depth on OL and some young WRs. The cap will be a mess, but we'll see what they got up their sleeves for that.
What depth and OL? WR's are still a mess young and inexperenced no say they will develop. Packers went all in last few years and it's time to pay the piper and likely stink it up as you go cheap on the roster as you try to deal with you cap issues. Likely will be 2024 or 2025 until this team has cap space if Rodgers walks after this year.

What depth and OL? WR's are still a mess young and inexperenced no say they will develop. Packers went all in last few years and it's time to pay the piper and likely stink it up as you go cheap on the roster as you try to deal with you cap issues. Likely will be 2024 or 2025 until this team has cap space if Rodgers walks after this year.
They'll have good young players on rookie contracts, Bakh and other contracts will be phased out. Cap will go up, they'll clear space.

It was always a 1 year deal and let’s see. Structure matters. The OL might not have #69 next year either (see structure).

Back