Post Game: Jets Defeat Green Bay 27-10

I hardly think a D that is almost last in the league in run defense is solid. This defense is no different than last year or the year before. Run D is non existent.
We have a lot more depth on the dline. Quay is a rookie, so he's learning by making mistakes. Campbell is not at last year's level, because he's trying to compensate for Quay's mistakes.

This team isn't consistently playing with a 3TD lead this year, so teams dont have to throw to keep up.

Do you think getting away from the run in the 2nd half is a MLF/OC thing or an Aaron Rodgers thing? I'm genuinely curious. I know Rodgers gets a ton of leeway to call his own plays and they do a lot of run/pass options for him to decide at the line.

Do you think getting away from the run in the 2nd half is a MLF/OC thing or an Aaron Rodgers thing? I'm genuinely curious. I know Rodgers gets a ton of leeway to call his own plays and they do a lot of run/pass options for him to decide at the line.
I think it's a Rodgers thing...and that's especially obvious on the RPOs...like the 4th down play where Myers drove his man 3 yards into the endzone and Dillon would have had a walk in TD. I don't even remember the 3rd down play or if they opened a hole, but it was basically the same play.

Rodgers said he gets a choice of 2 plays about 40-50% of the time and then he gets the option to audible 100% of the time.
Mercedes Lewis said about 50% of the playbook is Rodgers, 50% is LaFleur's. I thought we saw a pretty clear contrast last year when Love played. They blitzed the hell outta him and the OL did a terrible job picking it up, but just the look of the offense. We weren't running inside zone out of shotgun on 4th and short. That's a very distinctly Rodgers preference it would seem.

Looking at MLF's last year and...only year calling plays before GB, he ran the ball more than he threw it.

Shanahan runs the ball 1st. They certainly ran the ball well in Atlanta.

I think that Rodgers is a very smart QB. I think he's one of the best at off-schedule plays, I think he's...one of the most talented to every play. But it's also obvious he's...very confident he's smarter than most people in every room and that he pre-determines where or what he's doing on quite a few plays. At least it seems like it is.

This has been a very frustrating season.

-Still think the Packers can get the OL to gel and...IDK, maybe find a WR to stretch the field who can actually say on it so they can stretch the field. I'm pretty confident the defense will be fine as the seasons goes on.

I'd really hate to think where this team would be without Jones, Gary and Clark. I'd add Jaire, but...they're hardly using him like you'd expect an elite CB to be used, something I expect MLF will take a bigger hand in when the time comes as he's done in the past.

The good news is there doesn't appear to be any dominant teams...so hopefully we can get our **** together like the Rams did last year and go on a run.

I think it's both of them, and they're not wrong schematically. You can't let a defense squat on you all game, you have to make them respect the deep ball. Issue is that guys aren't getting themselves wide open and Rodgers doesn't seem to have the arm talent right now to squeeze the ball into the small sized windows they're giving him. I mean, Doubs was open twice today and Rodgers missed him - once over, once way under. Those are the type of big plays they need to hit but don't have anyone to get open enough to fit Rodgers current skill level.

I think it was just they were playing behind in the second half and needed to try to play catchup. Plus Jets were stuffing the run making GB say beat us on the pass.

We have a lot more depth on the dline. Quay is a rookie, so he's learning by making mistakes. Campbell is not at last year's level, because he's trying to compensate for Quay's mistakes.

This team isn't consistently playing with a 3TD lead this year, so teams dont have to throw to keep up.
Campbell is slow and he does not have that “twitch” like last year. Maybe it’s age and he overperformed last year.

Got to the point today where they had to throw to catch up.

I think it's both of them, and they're not wrong schematically. You can't let a defense squat on you all game, you have to make them respect the deep ball. Issue is that guys aren't getting themselves wide open and Rodgers doesn't seem to have the arm talent right now to squeeze the ball into the small sized windows they're giving him. I mean, Doubs was open twice today and Rodgers missed him - once over, once way under. Those are the type of big plays they need to hit but don't have anyone to get open enough to fit Rodgers current skill level.
They might trade Amari for Robbie Anderson, whose coach just threw him off the sidelines during the game today. Might be able to get deep, clear out those safeties so the guys can get open underneath, like Watson was supposed to do.

Honestly, seems like they gave upon Aaron in the playoffs when they drafted Love, might be rebuilding this team with him in mind, not Aaron. They just needed Aaron long enough for Love to get ready.

Back