Post Game Giants Defeat Packers in London 27-22

ML picked the DC. It’s MLs team. He’s been great for the culture but I’m starting to think there’s something lacking on the actual coaching side of things. He keeps saying in these games how they got out coached, well maybe he’s right.
Unless they ball out the rest of the season, I think ML has to look at a different DC. Unless someone can show me some stats that this guys defense is superb, or even above average, then I'll shut up the rest of the year about him.

I remember back in 2009, GBs defense was floundering under Capers and Woodson led a meeting with the coaches to work out a way to play more aggressively. Maybe some of the player leadership on D needs to do something like that. They can’t be so soft against rudimentary offensive plays, there’s talent there, they just have to find a way to use it better than they are right now.
Exactly. That's what is so frustrating. Those 3rd and longs are getting converted a lot, it seems. They are already in off coverage and in back pedal most of the time. The offense can just throw quick hitters but 3 and 13's shouldn't be getting converted on the regular.

The play that stood out to me was when Lazard and Doubs ran cross and basically ran into each other and Cobb got the catch on a crosser. That’s just a microcosm of young WR understanding route concepts. On top of that Watson continues to only get touches on jet action.

Good DC’s recognize that and design coverages to confuse these guys.

As to the defense, the middle of gets pushed around more than you want, Campbell while still productive does not have that twitch and burst like last season.

It seems like that, eh!?!? I mean, maybe that stats say otherwise but it feels like this team has those lulls, consistently. And not just this year.
It looks like the Mike McCarthy offense.

If we had 3 TD leads on these teams, like we should, opposing offenses would be one dimensional, trying to catch up, which plays to the strength of our D.

The thing that disturbs me the most isn’t even the defense. It has been a few years of this crap, and plenty of scar tissue on those wounds.

But this team going where it needs to go absolutely, 100% depends on learning the most important lesson of the second-half of Rodgers’ tenure: when the games matter most, late in the year, in difficult conditions, throwing 35-40 times is going to get you beat, even with Rodgers. Jones and Dillon are either going to be equal partners to Rodgers in this system, or they’re going home early again. I thought the team had finally figured this out, but early returns are not encouraging.

The thing that disturbs me the most isn’t even the defense. It has been a few years of this crap, and plenty of scar tissue on those wounds.

But this team going where it needs to go absolutely, 100% depends on learning the most important lesson of the second-half of Rodgers’ tenure: when the games matter most, late in the year, in difficult conditions, throwing 35-40 times is going to get you beat, even with Rodgers. Jones and Dillon are either going to be equal partners to Rodgers in this system, or they’re going home early again. I thought the team had finally figured this out, but early returns are not encouraging.
Winner)

Two things are near certain with this current iteration of the Packers:

1) If the team gives up a score or gets punched in the mouth, they will near assuredly witness A-Rod go for three straight shots and punt. It is almost certain they will not stay the course (not that using their best weapon in Aaron Jones is even in their game-plan) and carve out an effective blend of plays to help their defense…

2) To that end, if the opposing team faces 2nd and long (which seems to be quite often) Joe Joe Barry will near certainly drop his CB’s a good 10-15 yards off the line of scrimmage and concede some type of chunk play.

No serious contending team would employ Barry as a D Coordinator calling these vanilla off man (let alone the ‘game-plan’ versus the Vikings in week 1) coverages. No serious contending team would trot Amari Rogers out for the sole reason of returning punts. You need to have a baseline of confidence your returner is, in the very least, a sure sets of hands to guarantee possession.

The previously empty 3-1 record could not hide what is clear in plain sight: this team is a mess. They really are an utter mess. They have many many a thing to straighten out and rectify - personally, I don’t think they have the prowess or intrepid sense of direction to rectify in the expedited manner that needs rectifying. I mean, you can’t travel back in time and suddenly realize Joe Barry (a) shouldn’t be in the interview process and (b) now that he snuck in certainly shouldn’t be in the list of serious candidates. You can’t help a coaching and personnel department that changes out heir starting O-Line of an entire second half of a season the week of a Home Playoff game. You can’t help said peeps who continue to cling to the Amari Rogers storyline as if it bares an ounce of fruit. Now that we’re seeing Hackett’s results in Denver and Getsy’s results in Chicago, is it really a stretch to question Stenavich’s prowess and ability to lead this offense where it needs to go to (O-Line coaching capabilities aside)?

Lotta problems in GB. Lotta weeks left. I have extremely little faith. This honestly feels like an extension of the Brewers season.

The Packers have been coasting along ever since the first half of the Tampa game. They finally paid for it, and it's well deserved. This team and coaching staff are well overdue for a wakeup call.
I think this says it best, a couple of those ugly wins could easily be losses. The packers are a young team and young teams get complacent and are inconsistent. It's going to be a rough ride this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back