Post Game GB Defeats Chicago 21-13

If Rodgers could order anyone signed, I'm pretty sure Jared Cook would still be happily scampering around the frozen tundra, and of all people in the country Rodgers probably hated his selection to the Pro Bowl the most. He would know what crap would descend upon his head (understandably).

this +

As Pack stated, they are 11-3. I think the quick reads and timing has been less crisp this year because of the new offense and he and the receivers may still not be all on the same page - receivers are still not consistently getting open. I agree that he certainly has not played to a Pro Bowl level this season, and he needs to get better about his body language on the field as well if he wants the media to stop being so critical. But then again - he tends to play better when he has a chip on his shoulder with something to prove.

Right. He has not played at a Pro Bowl level yet he has 25 TDs and 2 INTs and 100 rating. Like Pack said, he is not 25 anymore. The point is who do you want in his spot besides Mahomes, Jackson, or maybe Watson? Rodgers may not be perfect but what QB is? Rodgers is not the reason this team has weaknesses. He is a big reason this team is 11-3.

We cannot expect the AR of 2011 and 2014 anymore but we can expect one that can still throw 30 TDs per year and does not turn the ball over.

Right. He has not played at a Pro Bowl level yet he has 25 TDs and 2 INTs and 100 rating. Like Pack said, he is not 25 anymore. The point is who do you want in his spot besides Mahomes, Jackson, or maybe Watson? Rodgers may not be perfect but what QB is? Rodgers is not the reason this team has weaknesses. He is a big reason this team is 11-3.

We cannot expect the AR of 2011 and 2014 anymore but we can expect one that can still throw 30 TDs per year and does not turn the ball over.
Exactly - there are only a handful of younger QB's that you would take over AR right now. And as others have said, while I haven't heard him say it I'm sure he knows he and the team have not played up to their full potential. I'm hoping they are saving a few things for the playoffs! And . . . as Pack said . . . every top team in the NFC has 1 or 2 really bad losses . . . so . . . while we all see the weaknesses in the Packers . . . they certainly have a chance in the playoffs.

Playing up to your potential starts with footwork and proper throwing mechanics.

Aaron is a team leader. When other players see him to adhering to fundamentals, they don't think they need to either.

Playing up to your potential starts with footwork and proper throwing mechanics.

Aaron is a team leader. When other players see him to adhering to fundamentals, they don't think they need to either.
Favre had awful mechanics, Rivers is far from perfect, neither does some guy playing QB in Kansas City. The issues are more timing , a new system and a group of pedestrian WR. And yeah mechanics and fundamentals decline with age and Father Time is undefeated

Back