Post Game Chargers Defeat Green Bay 26-11

Seems Pettine likes to run a multi scheme defense that he really does not have the personal to run and been a smoke and mirrors D like Capers first couple years were until teams figured out how to easily beat it.

Good coaches develop schemes and strategies based on the players they have available.

If what you are saying about Pettine is true, he's not the guy. I don't think he should be let go during the season, but he should be let go after the season if he is unable to develop a scheme with the guys he has. No team has Pro Bowlers at every position except the Pro Bowl Team.

I'm willing to wait until next week before looking for a bridge.

But things I really didn't like from last Sunday:

1) It appears to me that the defensive secondary - especially Alexander - are trying to lay off QBs to bait them into throws while trying to make interceptions and are not getting it done. I thought they had tighter coverage earlier this season - maybe not great, but certainly tighter than we've seen recently. When you consider that Pettine appears to be playing a soft defense with more coverage this is crazy. Maybe they just suck. I think many of them are trying to lay off to bait the throw and believe they can make a play on the ball. They aren't that fast. I hope they return to covering.

2) The offense did not play the intended game plan. With Adams back it appeared when I was watching that Rodgers reverted to wanting to throw only to him. To me, and admittedly, I missed the third, Rodgers did not appear to spread the ball around and did not appear to get it out quickly. I thought he went back to big play guy again.

3) Who cares whether it's outside zone running or inside zone running, if it works? I'd like a lot of things; I take what I get. Same comment about LaFleur as about Pettine if he's being a spoiled sport when he can't run outside. Personally, I don't know that we have the speed to run outside until we soften them up inside and with the passing game.

4) General lack of attitude. On offense: Against the Raiders and the Chefs, it seemed that Packers with the ball just turned and went up field - hard. I saw way too much dancing yesterday. On defense: It didn't appear that many wanted to stick anybody.

5) Horrible lack of focus - especially on the offensive line. The stadium holds 30,000 at its best. It was estimated to be 75% Packers' Fans. That means 7,500 Chargers Fans distracted our offensive line? 7,500 Chargers Fans prevented Rodgers from getting plays off?

What I want to see next week:

1) Focus. All players and all coaches.
2) Attitude - both sides of the ball.
3) The offensive game plan put back in play. 4 yards x 3 plays = move the chains. Don't care if we're running inside or outside. Throw the ball to the open guy quickly. Take what's given. Spread the ball. Tape will show how devastating long drives of large numbers of plays are.

If the above happens, there's a good chance we win. If not I can take the loss.

Dudes went out partying. Teachable moment.

We got ILBs, one is hurt, one is developmental, one is both on IR and developmental. Curtis Bolton and what's that 7th rounders name again? I'm tired.

Bak has had a jammed back since week 1 against Mack. Bulaga had broken fingers.

Dudes went out partying. Teachable moment.

We got ILBs, one is hurt, one is developmental, one is both on IR and developmental. Curtis Bolton and what's that 7th rounders name again? I'm tired.
ML adddressed that. Everyone made curfew. The dudes weren't out partying.

Yup, nobody ever got throttled while the sun was up and was slowed down the following day
Agreed. Great they made curfew but layimg around in the sun eating like shit and drinks is a bad combo. Also why would ML tell the media they didnt make curfew?? Its an in house situation that we dont need info on. I'm not saying this happened or anything but to just write it off bc they "made" curfew is drinking the koolaid

Back