Post Game Chargers Defeat Green Bay 26-11

Seems Pettine likes to run a multi scheme defense that he really does not have the personal to run and been a smoke and mirrors D like Capers first couple years were until teams figured out how to easily beat it.

Seems Pettine likes to run a multi scheme defense that he really does not have the personal to run and been a smoke and mirrors D like Capers first couple years were until teams figured out how to easily beat it.

What personnel is he missing to run a scheme with 1 DL on 2nd and short that actually works? Gute supposed to draft King Kong to play NT?

That he did on that long run up the middle in the 3rd.... the NT had the correct gap and Manny moved him over. Allowed the center to get the nose and then the LG took out Manny.

I saw it too. That hole was huge, and put the RB past the second level like a shot. I'd imagine Pettine nearly stroked out.

I saw it too. That hole was huge, and put the RB past the second level like a shot. I'd imagine Pettine nearly stroked out.
Except you're assuming that the NT was lined up correctly in the first place. Do we know that?

Except you're assuming that the NT was lined up correctly in the first place. Do we know that?

I didn't think he was out of position either. It appeared Martinez totally misread what he saw, and actually put himself to the right of the NT, and was easily taken out of the play.

I have no idea what Martinez was thinking, but when you saw the play it was almost embarrassing, realizing how badly he whiffed on his assignment and read. He'll be hearing about it in the meetings.

So GB needs 2 new ILB’s??? How on earth are they ever going to get what they need in time for AR to still be playing for them? I think they have waited way too long to address ILB. Helen Keller could see the Packers have been sorely lacking athleticism in the middle for far too long. Frustrating..

So GB needs 2 new ILB’s??? How on earth are they ever going to get what they need in time for AR to still be playing for them? I think they have waited way too long to address ILB. Helen Keller could see the Packers have been sorely lacking athleticism in the middle for far too long. Frustrating..

We needed two S and two OLBs last year and Gute got it done, two ILBs should be a piece of cake.

This team will live and die by the level of performance of the offensive line. Most of the other failures today were things we’ve been seeing all year: shabby special teams; porous defense; inconsistency from the receivers. Solid play by the o- line has enabled them to overcome it with a good running game and giving AR time to do his thing. Today the O-line didn’t show up. Credit to the LAC defense but the pressure and intensity is only going increase from here.

Packers are going to have elevate their play to meet it if they expect to do more than just get a playoff slot this year. The rookie coach is going to have some bumps. How he responds from here should tell a lot about what a realistic expectation might be.

Back