Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

Week from Monday the legal tampering period opens. Time coming quick we will likely know the fates of Bak and Jones.

Week from Monday the legal tampering period opens. Time coming quick we will likely know the fates of Bak and Jones.
Bak hopefully will move on. Jones is worth keeping but not at too high a price.

Bak hopefully will move on. Jones is worth keeping but not at too high a price.
Agree. Though to many homer fans are thinking we should keep Jones no matter what. Refuse to admit he's a RB on backside of career. We already saw him deal with injuries last year and he's not worth paying $11 million dollars too. If I am GB i say 6 million salary 4 million worth of incentives on top of that. If you won't take that we will have to release you.

Agree. Though to many homer fans are thinking we should keep Jones no matter what. Refuse to admit he's a RB on backside of career. We already saw him deal with injuries last year and he's not worth paying $11 million dollars too. If I am GB i say 6 million salary 4 million worth of incentives on top of that. If you won't take that we will have to release you.

Jones is worth more than you think. This offense is not the same without him. The Packers will find out if he leaves.

I am not saying to pay him a ton but a fair offer anyway.

I think Jones will be offered a 4 year deal with a huge escalation year by year, and about 80% of it guaranteed. It will probably be somewhere in the top 5 contracts for RBs at this point. I also believe that the 4th year will be a voidable year, but cost the Packers a lot of money if they void it. Probably as huge a hit as we have with Bakh at this point.

I think Jones will be offered a 4 year deal with a huge escalation year by year, and about 80% of it guaranteed. It will probably be somewhere in the top 5 contracts for RBs at this point. I also believe that the 4th year will be a voidable year, but cost the Packers a lot of money if they void it. Probably as huge a hit as we have with Bakh at this point.
I would not do 4 years you do that by time that contract ends he's 34 years old. I would be willing to add a year to his deal offer him 1 year contract ext vauled at $16 million $12 mllion of that is a signing bonus. His 2024 base salary is lowered to $1 million. That would lower his 2024 cap to about $11.1 million and save over $6 million on this years cap and put his 2025 cap to about $12.5 million.

I would not do 4 years you do that by time that contract ends he's 34 years old. I would be willing to add a year to his deal offer him 1 year contract ext vauled at $16 million $12 mllion of that is a signing bonus. His 2024 base salary is lowered to $1 million. That would lower his 2024 cap to about $11.1 million and save over $6 million on this years cap and put his 2025 cap to about $12.5 million.
I'd guess he disappears then.

Why? I don't think even Jones expects a record setting deal at almost 30 years old.
I don't believe the Packers are in a rebuilding mode this year. I think they believe they have a shot at the big prize. Turning the reins at RB over to either a draft pick or a free agent that comes in cheap is not going to replace Jones for the upcoming season. Those who are saying don't pay him will be the first ones out here yelling about how the Packers screwed up by not paying him, if the season goes to hell because of no running game.

Just my opinion.

I don't believe the Packers are in a rebuilding mode this year. I think they believe they have a shot at the big prize. Turning the reins at RB over to either a draft pick or a free agent that comes in cheap is not going to replace Jones for the upcoming season. Those who are saying don't pay him will be the first ones out here yelling about how the Packers screwed up by not paying him, if the season goes to hell because of no running game.

Just my opinion.
I think in my example over 2024 and 2025 he would make $17 million dollars is fair value average at $8.5 million a year still puts him in the top 10 if not top 5 at RB.

Back