Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

Packers’ GM Brian Gutekunst told reporters today that Aaron Rodgers is “going to take some time” to decide what he wants to do in the future, and “I really respect the process he goes through after the season.”

To me him not playing was that he was not showing he was not ready to play that Reed and Lowry were getting snaps before him. If that is the case that is very concering over a 25 year old rookie not getting the system for most of the season.
To me it's a sign that the coaches don't know who their best players are. Countless examples of this but just this year you have Hansen and Newman playing over Tom, Amari Rodgers over Nixon being the big ones, and yes I'll put Dean Lowry getting snaps over Wyatt. I don't care if he's "not professional" or whatever BS reason, Lowry has no future with this team and Wyatt might, end of story - he needed to be on the field more.

And the soap opera of "Perils of Rodgers" is now on, and will be, for several months.

Wake me when it's over.
March 17 is the 1st important date. That begins the window to exercise the option bonus or it coverts to a base into an bonus. Now that window runs to Week 1 supposedly. March is beginning of trade deadline and begins league year. 5th year options i believe deadline is early May. I don’t think this drags out long

Back