Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

We knew this season a lot of warts would be exposed and we’ve seen that. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

GB can no longer ignore overall depth and talent of the OL. They can’t ignore the fact that the def can’t stop the run. They can’t ignore poor depth in the secondary. RB depth is garbage…. The list goes on.

Tired legs last game yes, but that didn’t create any issues that weren’t already there it just magnified the issues.

Now is where thing get interesting. What does Gb do about it? ML is saying the right things, but do Gutey and Murphy recognize the depth and seriousness of these issues? And more importantly does the FO realize that they need to do much better as well?

Now is where thing get interesting. What does Gb do about it? ML is saying the right things, but do Gutey and Murphy recognize the depth and seriousness of these issues? And more importantly does the FO realize that they need to do much better as well?
Great points but you can't do a lot about it because of all the dead $ and cap issues. It sounds great to say but in reality, what you see is what you get this year.

Great points but you can't do a lot about it because of all the dead $ and cap issues. It sounds great to say but in reality, what you see is what you get this year.
Yeah good point. The agitation around this team is strange. It was almost universally agreed before the season that this year would be about evaluating Love and the other young talent while they bite the bullet on the nasty contracts of Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Amos etc. and get themselves back in a position to build up again. Most if not all of the predictions were for between 6-10 wins. That's all still on the table. They're 2-2. Love has 10 total TDs and 3 INT. The trio of Watson, Doubs, Reed looks like it'll develop into the best 3 man WR group they've had since 2014. To me the fact that they are playing as well as they are speaks to the good quality of the 2022 and 2023 drafts and Love's capability as a starter, but that fact that they lack depth and remain middling speaks to the otherwise poor quality of the 2020 and 2021 drafts. That's just a fair evaluation to me.

TLDR - GB is right where people thought they'd be in a best case scenario, yet they are still upset about it.

TLDR - GB is right where people thought they'd be in a best case scenario, yet they are still upset about it.
i think everyone had reasonable expectations right up until the point that the season started with a decisive victory against the bears followed by two 1-point games vs teams we were expected to lose to. there was a lot of media hype about how good jordan love was in those first three games, and fans started to salivate at the thought we were going to get a lot better when some of these injured players come back. then reality reared its ugly head.

i guess 6-10 is still on the table, but realistically it is probably going to be closer to 6 than 10.

i think everyone had reasonable expectations right up until the point that the season started with a decisive victory against the bears followed by two 1-point games vs teams we were expected to lose to. there was a lot of media hype about how good jordan love was in those first three games, and fans started to salivate at the thought we were going to get a lot better when some of these injured players come back. then reality reared its ugly head.

i guess 6-10 is still on the table, but realistically it is probably going to be closer to 6 than 10.
The had a really good game against a poor opponent and a poor game against a really good opponent. Two close games against middle of the road opponents. I dunno, it seems that right now GB is the definition of middle of the road.

Straight up most of the leftover cap is reserved for "oh crap, Love is out" But if they could creatively restructure some guys I wouldn't mind trading for someone swing OT and a RB... also need a depth CB. Pure dreaming.

P.S
Talked to a lot of FB guys outside the GB circle the past 48 hours, everyone thinks Love is going to be a solid Pro QB who wins, they look at our defense and OL as the problem. Hard to argue the point.

Straight up most of the leftover cap is reserved for "oh crap, Love is out" But if they could creatively restructure some guys I wouldn't mind trading for someone swing OT and a RB... also need a depth CB. Pure dreaming.

P.S
Talked to a lot of FB guys outside the GB circle the past 48 hours, everyone thinks Love is going to be a solid Pro QB who wins, they look at our defense and OL as the problem. Hard to argue the point.
I'd agree with their assessment. He's done things a QB should do. He's not responsible for the lack of blocking, and mistakes made by others. As far as our defense, it's pretty much non-existent, especially against the run. When you surrender 6+ yards on first down runs constantly, you're never going to get off the field, unless they score.

Now, on Love. With an offensive line, and a little more time working with the receivers he has, he could easily be in that intermediate group just below the elite. Who knows? He might even climb up into that magic circle, if he survives the onslaught directed at him now.

P.S
RB is an interesting call but that group suddenly reminds me of last years WR room before Watson turned it on - old and slow.

RB is an interesting call but that group suddenly reminds me of last years WR room before Watson turned it on - old and slow.
With Jones hurt we have no one to get 4 yards consistently..... 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 2 or 3 is much easier to play call then 3rd and 8 or 10 which is where we find ourselves. Don't need home run... we need a guy who can run inside zone and cut.

Personally, go rob someone off a PS and forget the Wilson kid, that was another pre-season fairy tale deal.

Back