Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

Gute with his double talk reminds me of Bugs Bunny when asked which way he went he points his arms in both directions.
I guess I don't see the double talk to that degree. Gute has at no point outright said he wants Rodgers back other than saying at his end of season press conference that "we want all our guys back". He and everyone involved know that can't happen and never does. There are always a number of guys who are gone. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for AR coming back on his current deal. WHen he said that, it just seemed like the "correct' thing to say.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I am certain that between Rodgers decline this year and Love's progress, they all have major, major buyer's remorse over that 2022 contract.
The more I hear, the more I believe this is true and the remorse is gonna come to an end this season. I think Gute is saying all the right things to make this seem like an amicable break-up . . . but a break-up it will be, IMO. Gute essentially says it when he says Love is ready and the next step is for him to play . . . in Green Bay. Good or bad, I think that happens this year.

I think the most likely thing is that AR is traded to a team he's happy with. Next most likely is that he retires. Not sure any other scenario makes sense unless AR is just plain ready to light a fire and burn down the bridges, ala Brett.

Just wait it's May OTA's happen and #12 is still trying to find himself to decide if he wants to return

the packers are not going to wait that long. nor should they.
Thing is what can they do? Rodgers holds all the cards he could dick around decide in May or June he's going to come back to the Packers.

Thing is what can they do? Rodgers holds all the cards he could dick around decide in May or June he's going to come back to the Packers.
Rodgers can retire or not. Gutey doesn't need a conversation with Aaron in order to trade him. If they dick around to June 1, that might also be Gutey's plan.

The new factor this year is that Jordan Love is ready.

Rodgers can retire or not. Gutey doesn't need a conversation with Aaron in order to trade him. If they dick around to June 1, that might also be Gutey's plan.

The new factor this year is that Jordan Love is ready.
Not technically no but if he doesn’t like the trade and retires GB is rewarded with a 40 mill cap hit and nothing to show…

He’s doing a post-darkness interview tomorrow with some weirdo, maybe we’ll learn something.

Back