Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

From the combine, Gutekunst on whether he wants Rodgers back:

“He’s a great player, but until we have those conversations, I think all options are on the table. We need to have those conversations. We want what's best for the Green Bay Packers, what's best for him so we'll get to that coming up.”

Once again, tepid non-answer from the GM, striking in how different his tone is from previous seasons when asked this question. He, at least, wants to move on, take it to the bank.

from Tom S:

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein

Basic takeaway from Gutekunst on Rodgers' future: "That conversation hasn't happened yet." And on Jordan Love: "The next step in his progression is that he needs to go play." When a decision will be made: "Certainly before free agency (March 15). I think that'd be good."

from Tom S:

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

Basic takeaway from Gutekunst on Rodgers' future: "That conversation hasn't happened yet." And on Jordan Love: "The next step in his progression is that he needs to go play." When a decision will be made: "Certainly before free agency (March 15). I think that'd be good."
Rodgers needs to podo( or get off the pot. New league year starts in a couple weeks and Rodgers needs to decide what he's doing he should already have made up his mind instead of this BS diva crap for attention he is doing.

Sign that #12 is coming back. Gute talking about Crosby that way shows me they will resign him to keep #12 happy his buddies are back and could show Cobb back also then. Got to keep #12 happy with his washed up friends are kept on the team over trying to build a contender.

Sign that #12 is coming back. Gute talking about Crosby that way shows me they will resign him to keep #12 happy his buddies are back and could show Cobb back also then. Got to keep #12 happy with his washed up friends are kept on the team over trying to build a contender.
I do not agree, because everything else Gute has said flies in the face of this. Don't need to read tea leaves here, sometimes things are as simple as they seem - we know that GB's FO overvalues their own older players, Crosby is just another example.

Maybe or maybe not... they haven't resigned any of that group who's contracts expired yet because they simply don't know what the hell Rodgers is going to do.

Back