Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

It's interesting that Gutey isn't certain about Love at this point, but pretty much expected, under the circumstances. If we said that Love was playing like a franchise QB, we'd be wrong. But, is that his fault? To a degree, yes. But, it's also equally the fault of penalties erasing good offensive plays, sideline clock management, play calling, a porous offensive line, missed blocking assignments, poorly run routes, and a multitude of other things I could offer and be right.

It all boils down to the fact that there probably aren't too many QBs who could do real well under these circumstances. But, also, what percentage of those out there now, can do as good, if not better?

I do believe that if the Packers decide that Love isn't the future, it will be after they see where they will finish the season. The earlier the draft pick, the better their opportunity will be to get a QB they believe could give them instant success. I don't think it's a reality, but let's face it, people who are drowning will reach out and grab anything they think will help them stay afloat. In this case, I see them possibly looking at several. Here's potential list from PFF, based on their ranking of the QBs who will probably come out. This is their ranking, not mine, so don't read into it, what I believe

• QB CALEB WILLIAMS, USC. BIG BOARD RANK: 1. ...
  • QB DRAKE MAYE, NORTH CAROLINA. BIG BOARD RANK: 3. ...
  • QB BO NIX, OREGON. BIG BOARD RANK: 20. ...
  • QB MICHAEL PENIX JR., WASHINGTON. BIG BOARD RANK: 23. ...
  • QB RILEY LEONARD, DUKE. ...
  • QB J.J. ...
  • QB SHEDEUR SANDERS, COLORADO. ...
  • QB MICHAEL PRATT, TULANE.
Here's PFF's Top 200 board. Have fun!

Williams is dropping like a Rock, losing his luster weekly. Is awful under pressure and has issues reading a defense. Maye was a big name last season but not playing in an Air Raid O has tarnished his numbers and his ability to push the FB.
Here is the reality of the situation, there are no *generational franchise QB in this draft, all of them will need talent( and a real OL) to be successful. Talent we don't have and won't until 2 drafts and 2025 FA.

* Note I said that about Love after we drafted him, I might be right or wrong but #12 couldn't get this sorry-ass group in the playoffs so asking Love to was a bit much. I stand you can't fully evaluate the young man fairly under the circumstances.

If Gute cuts bait on Love he should not be the GM to pick another QB. He's the one who screwed Love over by not giving him anything to work with.

I would agree. Unless Love really tanks the rest of the year, I think you have to give him another year to see what he can do. Still not a bad idea to pick a QB in maybe the 4th or 5th round unless a really good one drops.

Just don't move up to pick one. bouncy

If Gute cuts bait on Love he should not be the GM to pick another QB. He's the one who screwed Love over by not giving him anything to work with.
Punk ass Demovsky changed the headline and took down the tweet. Loser.

Williams is dropping like a Rock, losing his luster weekly. Is awful under pressure and has issues reading a defense. Maye was a big name last season but not playing in an Air Raid O has tarnished his numbers and his ability to push the FB.
Here is the reality of the situation, there are no *generational franchise QB in this draft, all of them will need talent( and a real OL) to be successful. Talent we don't have and won't until 2 drafts and 2025 FA.

* Note I said that about Love after we drafted him, I might be right or wrong but #12 couldn't get this sorry-ass group in the playoffs so asking Love to was a bit much. I stand you can't fully evaluate the young man fairly under the circumstances.
I'm not convinced that Mahomes could get this bunch into the playoffs to be honest. I just don't think there's enough talent for it to happen. That's why I believe that there is so much to worry about that one person is not going to make this team that much better. It's going to take a lot of upgrades, and in more cases than we might not want to admit, our starters aren't even good enough to occupy space behind the new people we bring in to start.

Lots of QBs in the next draft, too many of them have failure written all over them, unless they hit the right system for their talent. It's amazing how many GMs think the coaching staffs can tear these kids down and rebuild them in a different mold, to be successful. If they don't fit fairly seamlessly into your system, there's a good chance you have a flash in the pan in your hands.

Love has shown enough to get at least another year if not more. His stats are misleading for a number of reasons. Not saying he doesn’t have things to work on. But he has plenty of upside. If anyone in the FO thinks it might be time to move in then the Packers are the new Bears…

I think this actually jives with the eyeball test. PFF’s QB accuracy measurements through week 8. Love is overall number 11 in the league. He’s been good short and intermediate but the downfield number is what’s holding him back. And i think that’s what we’ve seen right? Trouble completing downfield passes - for whatever reasons, including his lack of accuracy - have held the offense back. And they’re throwing deep more than any other team in the league (which, at a time when defenses are playing the deep ball better than any time in nfl history is a strange choice by ML and co). That issue is well known but the overall assessment that he’s “inaccurate” is flat wrong.
IMG_2282.jpeg

Back