Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

One thing I noticed not sure if it's on Love or the WR or both. It seems our WR will often stop in their route waiting for the ball to come to them. This allows the DB to close and defend the pass. Not sure if Love is throwing late or if the WR is not running the route correct that Love is not hitting the WR in stride as what should be happening.

One thing I noticed not sure if it's on Love or the WR or both. It seems our WR will often stop in their route waiting for the ball to come to them. This allows the DB to close and defend the pass. Not sure if Love is throwing late or if the WR is not running the route correct that Love is not hitting the WR in stride as what should be happening.
I think this is Love throwing late. Since the Raiders debacle he has been hesitant throwing some of these intermediate/deep timing shots. It's a confidence thing. Look at the throw he made to Aaron Jones in the Eagles game last year, he has it in him to read a defense quickly and make an accurate throw, right now he's just not pulling the trigger. His own experience getting bit, poor OL play, WR mistakes I think all play a role but he's not feeling it right now.

Watson start his route strong, then slows down to a jog, then tries to speed up again. Love throws to spot. Looks like an overthrow, but is it?

Almost like Watson thought the play was not going to go to him and then all of a sudden he was like oh it maybe will and kicks back into gear.

I swear we have some really stupid fans. Saying oh we got to little for Douglas and should have kept him because the Packers can't make picks. While Gute struggles with his picks yeah it makes a lot of sense to keep a CB who would not be in GB past next season and is not going to help this team get back to a contender before then. I think that some people don't understand what a rebuild is and that you need to get as many picks as possible to try to hit on as many as you can.

Watson start his route strong, then slows down to a jog, then tries to speed up again. Love throws to spot. Looks like an overthrow, but is it?

This looks like a bit of both, like you mentioned, RP.

Watson jogging and slowing down and Love throwing late and also not throwing it on a line in that situation. The opening is between the CB and the Safety and when he throws more of touch pass, he is allowing the Safety to have time to make a play on Watson.

This is probably what is happening on a lot of pass plays. Both on the WR and on Love at times.

Back