Packers 2022 Thread

So could part of reason Rodgers would also choose to return next year is that with a good year he could hit 500 career TD's and become only the 5th play in NFL history to hit that number.
He cares about QBR and TD/INT ratio. That is what sets him apart. If he thinks he can keep those going he'll come back.

I think:

• Rodgers is coming back
• he likes playing football

• he is beginning to see the potential in Watson and Doubs and likes throwing to them and Lazard

• he likes playing with Jones and Dillon

• is beginning to see the potential of the skill guys and what the Pack could do and will want to be a part of it

I think:

• Rodgers is coming back
• he likes playing football

• he is beginning to see the potential in Watson and Doubs and likes throwing to them and Lazard

• he likes playing with Jones and Dillon

• is beginning to see the potential of the skill guys and what the Pack could do and will want to be a part of it
Your assuming Jones is back, very good chance he is but not at his cap number. Bak is probably a financial casualty also. Lazard unless he comes with a reasonable $$$ figure is as good as gone. Yes he likes the competition part of the game but loathes the business side of it.

I’m 30% he’s back , 10% that happens in GB. His contract for all intent purposes is 1 year and let’s see. The cap situation is not good. Not as dire as last year but not optimal.

Your assuming Jones is back, very good chance he is but not at his cap number. Bak is probably a financial casualty also. Lazard unless he comes with a reasonable $$$ figure is as good as gone. Yes he likes the competition part of the game but loathes the business side of it.

I’m 30% he’s back , 10% that happens in GB. His contract for all intent purposes is 1 year and let’s see. The cap situation is not good. Not as dire as last year but not optimal.
I’m 50-50 Bakh just walks away. Grueling rehab, the mental toll of that whole process, he proved he could do it again because he’s been playing well, he’s almost completely cashed out his monster deal, and just had a kid. He might just figure there’s nothing else to do and with the kid, doesn’t want to erode himself physically any more.

And does Rodgers want to play without Bakh, Cobb, Lewis, Watkins and likely Lazard?

I’m 50-50 Bakh just walks away. Grueling rehab, the mental toll of that whole process, he proved he could do it again because he’s been playing well, he’s almost completely cashed out his monster deal, and just had a kid. He might just figure there’s nothing else to do and with the kid, doesn’t want to erode himself physically any more.

And does Rodgers want to play without Bakh, Cobb, Lewis, Watkins and likely Lazard?
Bak can make $17.5 million cash next year so I think he would have to be cut. If not why not try to trudge threw 1 more year if you can get paid that much.

Forgot to mention Cobb, Lewis and Watkins. And if 12 walks I can’t see Bak playing in GB either.

Forgot to mention Cobb, Lewis and Watkins. And if 12 walks I can’t see Bak playing in GB either.
I thought the same about Clifton when Rodgers took over for Favre but he hung around for a few more years and won a SB. That two year recovery though for DB takes a lot out of you and not knowing for certain if you're going to play Sunday until warms up that day is no way to go about things for him or the team. IMO it's more about the medical for him and the team.

To put it bluntly, based on what everyone is saying, it's going to be gutting the team core and keeping youth, whether or not Rodgers stays. Not a lot to be optimistic about, even with a couple of darned good young receivers.

Back