Packers 2022 Draft Thread

The guy they grab is only going to be nominal help this year anyhow.
with gute at the helm, that's better than 50% chance of being true. gute doesn't really seem interested in guys that can help the team now. he'd much rather draft someone that might possibly be useful 2-3 years down the line.

with gute at the helm, that's better than 50% chance of being true. gute doesn't really seem interested in guys that can help the team now. he'd much rather draft someone that might possibly be useful 2-3 years down the line.
His track record for early picks, Day 1 & 2 is actually acceptable. Now past that no. Sure the Love trade is a exception

Actually Gutes early picks round 1-2 are good it's his middle round picks that are questionable.

2018-Jaire Alexander (hit), Josh Jackson (miss)
2019-Rashan Gary (hit), Darnell Savage Jr. (hit), Elgton Jenkins (hit)
2020-Jordon Love (miss), AJ Dillon (hit)
2021-Eric Stokes (hit so far), Josh Myers (undecided)

Actually Gutes early picks round 1-2 are good it's his middle round picks that are questionable.

2018-Jaire Alexander (hit), Josh Jackson (miss)
2019-Rashan Gary (hit), Darnell Savage Jr. (hit), Elgton Jenkins (hit)
2020-Jordon Love (miss), AJ Dillon (hit)
2021-Eric Stokes (hit so far), Josh Myers (undecided)
Myers (hit). Love (inconclusive)

So how bad does Gute get blasted if he passes on WR in round one and says does OL and DL?
He doesn't get swayed by the "popular" consensus amongst fans. This is why I said, originally, that he'll grab a CB Round 1. Fits with his M.O.

He doesn't get swayed by the "popular" consensus amongst fans. This is why I said, originally, that he'll grab a CB Round 1. Fits with his M.O.
His MO seems more on analytics than position. If it’s CB it’s more a tell on what the situation on Alexander might be

His MO seems more on analytics than position. If it’s CB it’s more a tell on what the situation on Alexander might be
Very much so. Spot on and I was more referring to his MO being that of us fans thinking one thing and he goes a different direction. As GBP4 was asking if he gets blasted for not drafting a WR or OL in Rd. 1, he pretty much is echoing all I'm hearing from talking heads and such. The honest truth, as you and others have said, this FO already has these guys ranked and they know which direction they will be going. It makes all this that much more fun to watch unfold on draft day!

Back