Packers 2022 Draft Thread

If Packers decide to take mid-round TE do any of these 3 fit?

Charlie Kolar ISU 6'6 ran a 4.67 40
Jeremy Ruckert OSU 6'5 ran a 4.75 40
Jake Ferguson UW 6'4 ran a 4.81 40

Kolar didn't look like he wanted to be too physical on the field. He wasn't a good blocker. That leads me to believe he's a pass.

So who are possible WR's to look at in say Round 3 if GB takes 1 WR in the first couple rounds? Some possible naems I have are

John Metchie III
David Bell
Justyn Ross
Alec Pierce

Possible that one of these guys are there in the 3rd to draft and would they be a fit in GB?
Alec Pierce won't make it to round 3...not happening

Kolar didn't look like he wanted to be too physical on the field. He wasn't a good blocker. That leads me to believe he's a pass.
Can that be taught though? You look for guy in the 4th round or so they are going to be projects to fix issues with.

Alec Pierce won't make it to round 3...not happening
He might not even clear down to our 1st 2nd round pick. Someone is going to grab him, and try to harness his speed. He has the size to go with it, and the hands as well.

To be honest, in about 3 years, people may be looking back and saying he was the steal of the draft. It all depends on the system he plays in, and the way they harness his skills. It's there, they just have to unleash the kraken.

Can that be taught though? You look for guy in the 4th round or so they are going to be projects to fix issues with.

It can be taught. The question is, who else is available at other positions, and what kind of value do they bring to the team? My problem is that I don't see that much of a need for a TE to be honest. I think we're going to see plenty of skills from the set of guys we have now. Yet, if they did take them in the 5th, I'd say great.

Of course that's just my personal opinion. I may very well be wrong.

So who are possible WR's to look at in say Round 3 if GB takes 1 WR in the first couple rounds? Some possible naems I have are

John Metchie III
David Bell
Justyn Ross
Alec Pierce

Possible that one of these guys are there in the 3rd to draft and would they be a fit in GB?
David Bell. Does not have elite speed and need to work on blocking but good hands. Just no on Ross, hard pass

Last edited:
Of the tight ends in that group above I'd like to get Ruckert. Solid size and frame. Was a willing blocker at tOSU. Sounds like he has good hands and his productivity in the red-zone was pretty good considering he was basically the 4th/5th option in that prolific offense. That said, Kolar kinda fits the Packers athletic profile.

Of the receivers, I like both Metchie and Pierce but I highly doubt you get either one in Rd 3. If you want either one, you'll need to grab him with one of those 2nd rounders . . . if they make it that far. I'd rather have Pierce, but would take Metchie even if he won't be quite ready for the start of the season if you already took a quality guy earlier in the draft.

I'd be okay with Bell in the 3rd but some like him a lot more so I doubt he makes it to 92. Pass on Ross.

So how bad does Gute get blasted if he passes on WR in round one and says does OL and DL?

So how bad does Gute get blasted if he passes on WR in round one and says does OL and DL?
I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. The guy they grab is only going to be nominal help this year anyhow. If the talent level isn't there for an early pick, draft for those other needs, and grab someone later on. Maybe even search out a trade during the draft, where you give up a pick for someone on someone else's roster. It's an active period, why not?

It's also possible the Packers could trade one of those two early picks for a WR as the draft progresses, or even for a WR and a later pick.

Lots of things can happen this year. Especially with two picks in first two rounds.

Back