OWNERS: Unite against Goodell!

FALSE.

Goodell does not have the right to hassle players like this. He is attempting to obtain that power by constantly depriving players of their ability to do their jobs. Ask Tom Brady about that.

Goodell has the right to be judge and jury IF THERE IS CREDIBLE EVIDENCE that a players has done something wrong. That does not exist in this case.
Yes he does !!! They EACH have a binding contract with "conduct detrimental to the league" language written in ..that each of them signed of their own free will.

Go in your boss's office and tell him..."You can't tell me what do" and see what happens. It's a very simple labor law issue that were talking about not some melodramatic conspiracy theory.

Lets call this what it is: this dog and pony show has nothing to do with PEDs, just like deflate gate had nothing to do with footballs. This is all about an employer pushing the boundaries on control over his workforce.

exactly.

Lets call this what it is: this dog and pony show has nothing to do with PEDs, just like deflate gate had nothing to do with footballs. This is all about an employer pushing the boundaries on control over his workforce.

Winner)

It's true the CBA is broad with the conduct detrimental, but in the case of PED usage it does mention there having to be reasonable evidence. If the NFL has reasonable evidence it needs to notify those players of what that evidence is and far as I know it hasn't done that. All the league has is one retracted report based on illegally recorded conversations, which the NFL itself has said bears no credibility.

Lets call this what it is: this dog and pony show has nothing to do with PEDs, just like deflate gate had nothing to do with footballs. This is all about an employer pushing the boundaries on control over his workforce. We can talk about practical reasons why these guys should comply and get it over with, but is there any question this inconsistency and ever broadening interpretation of CBA language is terrible for the league and for the future of the sport? Brady threw himself on his sword over this issue, if CMIII or Peppers do the same and drag this out again I have to imagine many owners will start to get sick of the attention.

I'm not sure the owners care much. If the cash flow is there it's all that matters. Now 3-4 years from now let's see how this shakes out in the new cba

I'm not sure the owners care much. If the cash flow is there it's all that matters. Now 3-4 years from now let's see how this shakes out in the new cba

Yup.. Owners making tons of $$$ they're happy... Until Goodell's actions affect the bottom line they have no reason to do anything. Plus the last CBA Goodell got them more power...

IMO would be stupid for players to try to fight for power back from Goodell. Owners will demand the players give something back. Why give up something that would only benefit guys who are getting in trouble. You figure only a very small percent of players get punished by Goodell so why should the majority give up something to benefit those few. Players should let Goodell keep his power and if they have to give up something get something back that will benefit everyone.

Let's be realistic. Both the NFLPA and league offices know there is a PED problem. But at the same time you have 2 questions. One, how deep and widespread the problem is and more importantly how to address the problem. And we have learned testing procedures are not always reliable and accurate. On top of that masking is an issue.

Do I think there is evidence? Yes. And what I think may be happening here is the league trying to force a PED HGH testing program. If the league can show players are using and even more important high profile players are using public opinion may put pressure on the NFLPA. It's a public relations game as much as it is a power grab.

And follow the money. If Matthews is implicated is s more than just lost salary. It's endorsements and off the field money at risk. The NFLPA knows after the Brady and Peterson cases it's chances in court are slim. Who blinks first

IMO would be stupid for players to try to fight for power back from Goodell. Owners will demand the players give something back. Why give up something that would only benefit guys who are getting in trouble. You figure only a very small percent of players get punished by Goodell so why should the majority give up something to benefit those few. Players should let Goodell keep his power and if they have to give up something get something back that will benefit everyone.
I said the same thing yesterday and I know one former player who feels the same way. Only thing to consider is that Brady was one who was punished. How will that impact how negotiations go? That's yet to be seen. If this investigation ends in suspensions it may change the dynamic. It's personal

Disagree, I think they got nothing. The NFL leaks supposedly confidential info like a cheap motel faucet. If they had anything it'd be out there.

Clay has has had roid rumors since USC, and his good buddy Cushing has been busted already. Neal already has a PED suspension. I think the league is seizing on this weak and now retracted testimony as a phony pretext to try to strong arm these guys into self-incrimination, which is bizarre and may well adhere to the letter of the CBA but certainly not to the spirit of it.

Interview of a player is 100% within his rights. Payton Manning was interviewed in this case because of what was written in the article. The league has the right to investigate and interview. And fact is none of us know what league security has developed in their investigation. Ask Brady? Well the courts sided with the league.

Oh as to "Hassel" players. They have a little clause in their contract called "conduct detrimental to the league".

Oh. Racketeering? Restraint of trade?

Of course when Manning was interviewed he was a retired player so the league really couldn't do much to him. But I suspect Julius, Clay and Harrison will be exonerated. Neal on the other hand...? sh))

Back