Official Week 5 Green Bay vs St. Louis Thread

Watched condensed version of Rams-Cards, couple thoughts:

1.) Nick Foles played probably the game of his life in terms of clutch, accurate, drop in the bucket throws and he will be hard pressed to duplicate that performance.

2.) 3 of STL's 4 games have been blood n'guts games, so GB better sneak those brass knuckles past security.

3.) With our WR group as banged up as it is, we will not be able to dink and dunk our way past these guys. Ogletree will be out but these guys HIT. Don't know what the answer is but probably should try not to give any of their LBs or DBs a running head start at us.

4.) Gurley was impressive in the 4th quarter against a tired D but one data point does not make a trend. He's on the radar now and our run D has been no slouch.

5.) Feels like one of those 'first team to 20 pts wins' type of games.

This...

STL has the DL and LB to make life he** for our OL. And for an offense that counts on timing/precision and deep routes this could be trouble if Arod is always having to move quickly. Clements will have to be on top of his game.

Low scoring affair. Probably a game much like SF last week. But Packers should win.

They have got to put someone in to help the Tackles keep the Rams' defenders off of Aaron. He get hurt and it is over. Aaron will have to have a quick release, but I am also concerned about our WR's. They aren't the healthiest bunch either.

Does St Louis have any weaknesses?

...Does St Louis have any weaknesses?

yes they do. their offense is not good. and their defense is only mediocre. i think some folks are overestimating how good their defense is. they gave up 24 points in their loss to the redskins for goodness sake. yes, they squeaked by the seahawks in the first week when the seahawks were not good. we beat the same team by ten points the very next week. and yes, they squeaked by the cardinals last week. but they only scored six points in their loss to the steelers the previous week, and that was with ben roethlisberger sitting on the sideline for almost half the game.

STL seems to play up to their competition and they're arguably in the driver's seat for that division right now after beating Arizona. They'll be plenty motivated.

Basically, if our defense comes to play like it has the last three weeks, we blow them out. If they take a step back, It's gonna be a tough sled. I think that offense can put up some points now that they have a healthy trio of Foles, Gurley, and Austin.

W 24-16

This game has me legitimately worried. Has all the makings of a classic Packers upset:

1. Emotionally drained after three big games.
2. Playing at home; maybe a little complacent.
3. A Rams team that has a good pass rush and a running back with big play potential.

I don't like it.

I agree with our defense against their offense, catcher.

Offensively, the Rams are 23rd running the football and 28th passing. At home, there is no reason our D should not shut them down pretty well. If our d-line continues to play well against the run, we can tee off on Foles and he will throw some INT's; especially, since we do not need to deal with crowd noise and can get some nice jumps on D.

St. Louis ranks 16th in total defense and gives up 22 points per game. They are 14th against the pass and 26th against the run. Now I am not sure what has happened in the last few games; however, it looks like Lacy and Starks could have solid days. With the Rams pass rush, draws and screens can keep them at bay and having a RB or TE chip block to help out Barclay would be good.
the drawback to have TE or RB block (chip block ain't going to help much) it takes them out of the pattern. The Packers don't like taking players out of the patterm

The key is to move Aaron around so they don't know where he will be. They had many designed roll outs the last few weeks which has helped keep the sack total down.

I'm glad this game is at home. They have to travel here after a very tough divisional win, so I think they're at least as likely to have a let down as we are. And if the Packers were in danger of taking them lightly, I think last week's win over Arizona will have gotten their attention.

The D-line vs our O-line has me a little concerned, but the way our defense is playing I think we should be ok. I wish we could have gotten them before Gurley was healthy. But we've more or less shut down some good RBs the last few weeks. I think we'll win fairly comfortably.

Agree Sixty. They don't like taking RB's and TE's out of the pattern. That is why I think the chip block would be the best option. Then the route is just delayed and they may get open off the short routes and pick up 5-7 yards.

I also agree with Catcher on moving AR out of the pocket. I haven't seen a lot of play action bootlegs this year. Or am I wrong on this?

Echoing me - I'M WORRIED this time around. As much as I love the Green Bay Packers and even with this game being at Lambeau. GET LOUD VERY LOUD PLEASE FANS able to attend this game.

Part of me has the faith the Green Bay Packers organization can put together the right game plane and another part of me says 2015 St. Louis Rams is playing exactly what Mark referenced to "smash mouth - unrelenting hard hitting football". No way the Rams want to "give" this game to Green Bay.

Packers defense has to keep their standards/execution bar every bit as high as they did for the SF game with whatever the defensive game plan is for St. Louis.

Packers offense has to be able to execute against St. Louis defense. As a fan I am intimidated by St. Louis being able to whip the Seahawks and the Cardinals, even if their record now stands at 2-2.

Special teams gotta be special and spot on this game too.

ALL UNITS of Green Bay Packers need to be ready with their "A" game.

Can the coaching staff figure out the right unit plans for St. Louis. Can each Packers unit play to a high level, good management and not run out of gas? This game has propensity to be a squeaker either won or lost by about 1-3 points.

Can the Packers execute on all units full cylinders ON and power performances? Can the Packers once again play team with many positive contributions? Here's to #GoPackGo - WIN! - Kaye

Back