Official Preseason Game 1 Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

Deguara also had issues blocking this game. Goodson looks like in 2nd qtr he had a nice lane to run thru but got crushed then Deguara wiffed his block letting the LB come up and hit Goodson in the hole.

Really at this point Love isn't going to progress much until he gets all 1st team reps and starts playing significant time in real game situations. He's kind of stuck because he has nowhere to go behind Arod. So he will continue as a backup caliber until he gets the chance to be the full time starter.

Really at this point Love isn't going to progress much until he gets all 1st team reps and starts playing significant time in real game situations. He's kind of stuck because he has nowhere to go behind Arod. So he will continue as a backup caliber until he gets the chance to be the full time starter.
Yep and even if Rodgers would retire after this year and Love starts next year and would play how Rodgers played his first year as a starter fans will be screaming to replace him Rember Packers went from 12-4 to a 6-10 team the first year Rodgers started.

Yep and even if Rodgers would retire after this year and Love starts next year and would play how Rodgers played his first year as a starter fans will be screaming to replace him Rember Packers went from 12-4 to a 6-10 team the first year Rodgers started.
That 6-10 team was crushed with injuries on defense. Couldn't stop the run.

I will be the wet blanket here and say that I do not believe decision making tendencies change. It’s instinct. I said the same thing about Darnold, you just can’t change that stuff. Seeing the 3rd INT a couple times, if guys ran the wrong way the correct decision was to throw it away or just take the sack.

The question with Love is whether or not he can develop all the other stuff to make the questionable decision making worth it.

I will be the wet blanket here and say that I do not believe decision making tendencies change. It’s instinct. I said the same thing about Darnold, you just can’t change that stuff. Seeing the 3rd INT a couple times, if guys ran the wrong way the correct decision was to throw it away or just take the sack.

The question with Love is whether or not he can develop all the other stuff to make the questionable decision making worth it.
Again I think you are misunderstanding what's going on offensively and this post is for the group as a whole...go up and listen to Dan O video, the WR 99.9% which are coming from a spread concept run a set route and it's up to the WR to adjust his route not the QB to adjust.

ML wants the ball out fast and to a spot, the WR has to read that coverage and get to his spot if it's an in pattern and he ran an out....then that's a pick for Rodgers or any other QB as well.

For those of you in doubt go back to ML year 1 and remember that the audibles are built into the offense, thats the WR adjusting his route to the coverage in front of him....the QB job is easy....get the ball to that spot and out of your hands.

If your WR can't get open to the spot it's going to get ugly.sb(

After reading through this thread, I feel like some here were just waiting for Love to make a mistake so they could pounce.

His play was not perfect, but his improvement was clear and evident. He commanded the offense, he directed formations, he went through his progressions, and he delivered decent catchable balls for the most part. I thought his touch passes needed better accuracy but when he put some zip on it, they were generally good throws.

The two int’s that went off his own players hands were not his fault. You folks nitpicking ball placement are just looking for fault. Those were wholly catchable balls. Had Rodgers thrown them, you wouldn’t dream of blaming him for the picks. The INT over the middle can be blamed on Love but Amari also ran a very poor route and allowed the defender to out-muscle him for position and the ball. Love clearly anticipated Amari being in better position to make the play when he threw it. Was it a risky throw? Sure, but so is every throw over the middle. The QB AND WR have to be in sync or you get what we saw.

The errant passes to the RBs in the flat weren’t good but it’s hard to know whether the throw was off or the RB turned the wrong way or whatever. Clearly the QB and young RBs were not on the same page but we’re talking the first half of the first pre-season game for christ’s sake. &%$@ like that happens.

Anyway, what I saw from Love was an overall positive. Not perfect but clearly moving in the right direction. Looking forward to see what he’s capable of with the starting offense and RBs/WRs who actually know what they’re doing.

Again I think you are misunderstanding what's going on offensively and this post is for the group as a whole...go up and listen to Dan O video, the WR 99.9% which are coming from a spread concept run a set route and it's up to the WR to adjust his route not the QB to adjust.

ML wants the ball out fast and to a spot, the WR has to read that coverage and get to his spot if it's an in pattern and he ran an out....then that's a pick for Rodgers or any other QB as well.

For those of you in doubt go back to ML year 1 and remember that the audibles are built into the offense, thats the WR adjusting his route to the coverage in front of him....the QB job is easy....get the ball to that spot and out of your hands.

If your WR can't get open to the spot it's going to get ugly.sb(
I dunno, I watched that play a couple times and there is no way Rodgers throws that ball. It may be the WR’s fault but Love is the last line of defense, if the play is busted then live for another down, don’t throw it.

Back