Official Preseason Game 1 Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

Regarding the guys who came off PUP:
- they could really use Tonyan, the rest of the TEs do not impress as passing targets
- hopefully Jenkins is ready to go within a few weeks. Even by week 3 would be good. The right side of the line was just plain bad on Friday. Hanson was bad, Newman was disappointing. Jenkins would be a huge help.
- Watson coming back is good, but I hope they're not rushing things. He needs to be 100% and him taking up a roster spot for multiple weeks early in the season, before he's ready, doesn't make sense to me.

In general, the game on Friday highlighted the known problems - o-line is not really good as currently configured. They probably should have picked up a veteran tackle. If Jenkins is back soon they'll be okay. The run blocking was poor on most plays and the pass blocking was just so-so. It needs to be better. Taking Hanson out of the line-up will help.

The secondary lacks adequate depth. They can't afford any injuries at CB or S this year or things will get tough.

I noticed they were working out Zach Tom at LG yesterday. Seems odd. Runyan isn't the problem. Maybe it's just part of cross-training him at all spots. I'd like to see them throw Tom in at either RG or RT and remove Hanson from the starting group. Tom wasn't great on Friday but he looked okay in spurts - better than Hanson.
Runyan just a guy nothing special as starter you want to try to find your 5 best OL to me Runyan and Newman are not long term starters.

Back