Official 2019 Week 9 Green Bay vs LA Chargers Thread

The chargers have one win against a team with a winning record. Too many people giving Chargers too much credit. Of course anything can happen but the Pack should roll them.

The chargers have one win against a team with a winning record. Too many people giving Chargers too much credit. Of course anything can happen but the Pack should roll them.
why it will be close? Bosa and Rivers. This is the first complete QB we have faced this year and they still have Allen and Gordon on offense. New OC taking over also. The 3.5 spread seems low based on performance.....wise guys and sharps know

Match up wise they can rush the passer, and like you said, Rivers is the best QB we've faced by far and they have Allen and Ekeler, which is like us with Adams and Jones. At the same time, they have struggled to score points all year and have just been a middling team. We'll see. We're still favored on the road, which is no small thing.

EDIT: Regarding the pass rush match-ups, I'm sure vegas is also looking at both Bakh and Bulaga being injured last week and realizing we are one play away from Bosa against Alex Light. If our OT stay healthy the whole game and continue playing like they've been playing, we can handle it.

Last edited:
I feel good about this game for some reason.

Chargers Offense

In total yards they are 4th in the NFL. Having said that, Rivers has thrown12 TDs and 7 INTs this season and has been sacked 14 times. He can be pressured and get him to make mistakes. Chargers are 27th in rushing with 3.5 yards per carry. They do have Melvin Gordon but I think the Packers will again play more CBs and defend the pass. Not sure we blitz a ton or not. Rivers is not super mobile so we should be able to not have to worry about him getting out of the pocket.

I think our CBs will match up well with their WRs but I am concerned about Henry at TE and Ekeler at RB. Rivers throws to them a lot and those are our weaknesses. Having said that, I feel good about the match up. I think our D will play its best game in the last few weeks. The Chargers offense has only scored more than 27 points twice all year and one of those games was against the Dolphins. Take those two games out and they are scoring 16 points per game.

Chargers Defense

They are 6th against the pass and 22nd against the run. They are giving up 19.6 per game. This D is better then we think; however, I think we should be able to run the ball with Jones and Williams and utilize them in the passing game again. We also do have AR which is a luxury. We still should be able to pass the ball and be very balanced.

I like the way the offense has been playing and I do not think that changes this weekend; especially, since it will be like a home game. Rodgers will be able to audible at the line easier and get the calls out quicker.

Packers- 38
Chargers- 17

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on the prospect of Packers fans taking over the small stadium in L.A.: "We don't play the fans; we play the Packers." He added that it should be exciting and he's expecting a high energy level.

1 who cares if fans are over confident. I mean really.

2 yes rivers is good.... He also cant move and his line is shit. I like the odds at getting after him.

3 new OC. Hes new why is this some big fear? I would think they have a few communication problems over oh no they are gonna hang 50 on us.

4 yep bosa is good. But we have seen better. Takes more then 1. Their is isnt good overall.

We come to play this is a game we should win walking away. Ill take the over all day.

I will add they way over achieved last year. Their soft zone style was exposed against the pats. The running game and AR will chew it up

38- 20. Call my over confident.

Some have called this a 'trap' game. From what I have seen of ML. I don't get the impression that he or the veterans will let that happen.

If there was a trap game, I think it was the Eagles game.

gopackgo

Back