Official 2019 Week 16 Green Bay vs Minnesota Thread

Interesting tidbit. Vikings have not beat a team with a winning record all season. Vikings have 7 wins against teams with losing records and 3 against teams with .500 records. MN 4 losses have come against 3 teams with winning records and 1 team with a .500 record.

Interesting tidbit. Vikings have not beat a team with a winning record all season. Vikings have 7 wins against teams with losing records and 3 against teams with .500 records. MN 4 losses have come against 3 teams with winning records and 1 team with a .500 record.
And yet Green Bay is -5.5 this weekend.

I thought I saw a quote that LaFleur said they have been saving a few things for the playoffs. Maybe it's just posturing, but I hope it's true. Securing the #2 seed and getting an extra week to work on those new things would be awesome.
Also . . . I haven't seen anything on line that would indicate to me that the Packers fans are any more "overconfident" than Vikings fans; actually, most of what I have seen is people dissing the Packers and praising the "complete" Vikings team. But I did see that Cousins in 0-8 on MNF . . .

where did i hear that before? oh yeah . . .

one thing a lot of the prognosticators seem to gloss over is the fact that the vikings have not beat a single team with a record over .500. the packers have defeated four teams with records over .500 at the time they played them.

There's so much going on that this game is the toughest to predict yet. Vikings need to win out to get NFC North title. Packers just need to beat the Lions next week. Packers are, however, playing for a 1st round bye - which is almost automatic with a win, but will be improbable with a loss. Minnesota is more banged-up. Packers have a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde persona which has been most tiresome to us fans! Dalvin Cook may not play and if he does he probably won't be close to 100%. Vikings secondary can be suspect. Packers offense dies quickly after scripted plays are through causing defense to tire and break down as game progresses. IMO the Vikings are a better team and they have home field advantage. It feels like a tight type of NFC North game, that may only last in first half as Packers fizzle and Vikings blow us out in the second.

But I'm going to play my one green and gold card for the season. (Sorry Mark.) Rodgers and the Packers offense comes alive, finally plays a full game, the passing game explodes and Packers win 38-24. If they plan on making a deep run in the post-season, this has to start somewhere and I'm saying this game is it. ggg(

Zimmer knows how to gameplan. Cook may be out but I guarantee Zimmer has his team ready to play. This is not a gimmee game. If the Pack isn't prepared, they will see there playoff seed slip.

Vikings are playing good at home for sure. The front end of that defense is good and is quick to. I feel if we play to how they are capable,,,,we should win by multiple scores. Stupid mistakes and penalties......make it a different story. It wont be easy, but gut feeling is we win but 3 scores. I just don't feel as worried about this one as I was for last weeks Bears game. 31-10 Packers

Key get Cousins out of pocket and having to run early. Get him flustered don't allow him to sit back there and have 5 seconds to wait until a guy gets open. They allow him to sit back there with no pressure he is going to pick the secondary apart.

Ya know, I said the same thing about the 49ers, that was right before they dunked our heads in a septic tank.

MN is capable of embarrassing us just the same way SF did, they have so much speed on D in the front 7 and that fast surface plays right to them. If I’m ML I’m dusting off the Dallas game plan. Jones out the backfield is read 1, go from there.

+1....great summation

Back