Oddsmakers: Rodgers Will Return to Packers Late in Training Camp

B

Bill Huber

From MVP to over/unders to future landing spots, here are a bunch of Aaron Rodgers-centric odds from Sports Betting Dime.

GREEN BAY, Wis. – Will Aaron Rodgers return to the Green Bay Packers? Yes, oddsmakers say, but not without an additional month of consternation.

According to Sports Betting Dime, the Packers are the favorite to have the MVP’s services for the upcoming season. Green Bay is +125, followed by the Denver Broncos at +250, Las Vegas Raiders at +700 and the field at +585.

The over/under on Rodgers’ reporting to Packers training camp is Aug. 28. That’s the date of Green Bay’s preseason finale; Rodgers, of course, is no fan of preseason football.

The odds Rodgers chooses to sit out the season rather than return to Green Bay are +250.

The oddsmakers at Sports Betting Dime list the Bronocs at +8500 with Drew Lock or Teddy Bridgewater to win the Super Bowl,” according to SBD. “But putting Rodgers behind center improves their Super Bowl odds to +1400 and their over/under win total jumps from 7.5 to 10. Similarly, the Raiders Championship odds go from +7000 with David Carr to +1300 with Rodgers. He is also worth 2.5 wins to their over/under win total.

“The Packers are the team most impacted by Rodgers’ decision, as their current over/under win total of 10.5 and +1600 Super Bowl odds plummet to 6.5 wins and +12500 with Jordan Love.”

Here are more odds from Sports Betting Dime.

Aaron Rodgers Odds, Over/Unders​

MVP Odds

With Packers: +1100

With Raiders: +1250

With Broncos: +1350

Over/Under with Packers

Passing Yards: 4,195.5

Passing TD's: 36.5

Interceptions: 4.0

Rushing Yards: 173.5

Rushing TD's: 2.0

Jordan Love Odds, Over/Unders​

Jordan Love Current MVP Odds: +75000

Jordan Love MVP Odds If Rodgers Traded: +25000

Over/Under If Rodgers Traded

Over/Under Passing Yards: 2,599.5

Over/Under Passing TD's: 18.5

Over/Under Interceptions: 8.5

Over/Under Rushing Yards: 295.5

Over/Under Rushing TD's: 2.5

Green Bay Packers Odds With/Without Aaron Rodgers​

Odds to Win Super Bowl

With Aaron Rodgers: +1600

Without Aaron Rodgers +12500

Over/Under Win Total

With Aaron Rodgers: 10.5

Without Aaron Rodgers: 6.5

Matt LaFleur Coach of the Year Odds

With Aaron Rodgers: +2700

Without Aaron Rodgers: +4000

Denver Broncos Odds With/Without Aaron Rodgers​

Odds to Win Super Bowl

With Aaron Rodgers: +1400

Without Aaron Rodgers: +8500

Over/Under Win Total

With Aaron Rodgers: 10.0

Without Aaron Rodgers: 7.5

Vic Fangio Coach of the Year Odds

With Aaron Rodgers: +1500

Without Aaron Rodgers: +4500

Las Vegas Raiders Odds With/Without Aaron Rodgers​

Odds to Win Super Bowl

With Aaron Rodgers: +1300

Without Aaron Rodgers: +7000

Over/Under Win Total

With Aaron Rodgers: 10.5

Without Aaron Rodgers: 8.0

Jon Gruden Coach of the Year Odds

With Aaron Rodgers: +900

Without Aaron Rodgers: +1800

Continue reading...

Rodgers does not show up until week 1 he can sit on bench for couple weeks until he's in game shape

the most interesting takeaways from all those odds are that both denver and las vegas have better odds of winning the super bowl with rodgers than the packers do.

the most interesting takeaways from all those odds are that both denver and las vegas have better odds of winning the super bowl with rodgers than the packers do.
its based on money line so its more about the house trying to manipulate the spread risk...

So Rodgers sits half a season and someone bet on if he sits out or not how is that paid out if at all?

Sits out = full season
ok then I would bet against it because I think at worst Rodgers shows up week 10 or whatever is the deadline to get an accrued season to prevent contract from tolling.

ok then I would bet against it because I think at worst Rodgers shows up week 10 or whatever is the deadline to get an accrued season to prevent contract from tolling.
Not sure how the CBA would impact this, but what if Rodgers “retires” but does not sign the papers? I would assume he’s put on some exemption list but not sure procedures on this

Not sure how the CBA would impact this, but what if Rodgers “retires” but does not sign the papers? I would assume he’s put on some exemption list but not sure procedures on this
Better question is does GB go after the $11.5 million pro-rated SB and the $6.5 million roster bonus he got if he does that.

Better question is does GB go after the $11.5 million pro-rated SB and the $6.5 million roster bonus he got if he does that.
I’m not sure they can unless the papers get signed. Now if he is put on some sort of “list” I don’t know the procedure / process of that

Back