Nick Perry signs 1 year deal

Add one in the draft to groom, and we should be fine. thumbsup

Good to have depth to allow Clay to move around.
They said they want clay to stay outside so issue is lack of talent inside. If you were to keep clay outside right now your looking at Ryan and Barrington inside. Nothing to be encouraged about there.

They "say" they want Clay outside, but why do I suspect he will end up moving around and see a fair number of snaps inside . . . especially if they don't fill the hole on the inside. I'm OK with giving Ryan a shot but want to see something better than Barrington or Palmer next to him.

They "say" they want Clay outside, but why do I suspect he will end up moving around and see a fair number of snaps inside . . . especially if they don't fill the hole on the inside. I'm OK with giving Ryan a shot but want to see something better than Barrington or Palmer next to him.

I think Barrington is better then Ryan. Don't understand hype Ryan gets from fans. To me he's just a guy.

Agree. Clay could stay outside as long as we get a Nickel LB with coverage ability (speed) to play inside. Fackrell or Deion Jones are looking like they fit the bill.

I think Barrington is better then Ryan. Don't understand hype Ryan gets from fans. To me he's just a guy.

I guess it's just about different perspectives. I'm certainly not going to hype Ryan - he was nothing special last year, but it was his rookie year.

Ryan, who's the better athlete, is coming off his rookie year where he started 5 games and had comparable stats to Barrington who started 7 games in 2014. From my perspective, Ryan still has more upside so I'd like to see what he can do before I write him off. That's the reason I am OK with giving him a shot.

Barrington has less upside. I think we've seen about as much as we will ever get from him, given how limited of an athlete his is. His 3 year career to date has been "meh" though he was injured for almost all of last season so maybe he can still become an adequate back-up.

Not at all, but he has more value and upside than a 4-3 defensive end playing out of position.
Teavathon was multi year. More risk more upside maybe. Time will tell FWIW. Not a Perry fan. Katy Perry yes Nick no

According to FC, Perry was a better player than Neal. Part of the decision to re-sign him might have been the way he stepped it up in the playoffs. He seen to flash during them.

Plus Nick is younger. Perry's biggest issue is staying healthy. When he is in there he produces. FCC(

Back