Nick Perry signs 1 year deal

Neal probably hit his peak. Has Perry? Probably not. He still seems to be improving although slowly, partly as a result of injuries. I like Perry over Neal - more upside. I like the deal although $5M sure seems high. But it's one year. Let's hope he finally plays to his potential and proves he worth a long term deal next year!

Peppers, Matthews, Perry and Elliott (maybe Jones occasionally) at OLB now with Mulumba a good possibility yet and Neal probably gone. Doable if we can work the ILB issue so Matthews can be full-time OLB!

Neal probably hit his peak. Has Perry? Probably not. He still seems to be improving although slowly, partly as a result of injuries. I like Perry over Neal - more upside. I like the deal although $5M sure seems high. But it's one year. Let's hope he finally plays to his potential and proves he worth a long term deal next year!

Peppers, Matthews, Perry and Elliott (maybe Jones occasionally) at OLB now with Mulumba a good possibility yet and Neal probably gone. Doable if we can work the ILB issue so Matthews can be full-time OLB!

Mulumba don't know if he is back. Packers non-tendered him so I don't think he's in their plans.

Most important thing about this signing is that it's one less OLB role to worry about in the draft. Peppers, CMIII start, Perry and I guess they're hoping Elliot step up as backups, then draft for depth if opportunity is there. Could still use another outside pass rusher but there shouldn't be a gaping hole there this year.

Most important thing about this signing is that it's one less OLB role to worry about in the draft. Peppers, CMIII start, Perry and I guess they're hoping Elliot step up as backups, then draft for depth if opportunity is there. Could still use another outside pass rusher but there shouldn't be a gaping hole there this year.

If a good OLB is there you have to take him. Can't trust that Perry put's it together plus still need a replacement for Peppers.

If a good OLB is there you have to take him. Can't trust that Perry put's it together plus still need a replacement for Peppers.

Absolutely. But don't need to reach in the 1st on a Nick Perry 2.0 conversion project.

Absolutely. But don't need to reach in the 1st on a Nick Perry 2.0 conversion project.

But come on that's TT special thing to do take a guy who played one spot in college and draft him and tell the coaching staff to move him to another spot. LOL

Mulumba don't know if he is back. Packers non-tendered him so I don't think he's in their plans.
There's still a possibility Packers may still re-sign Mulumba lower than the original-round tender. But I agree, it is more likely Mulumba is playing football elsewhere in 2016. Good character, hard working but on the low end of OLB skills. I wished Packers had kept Hubbard over him.

Forgot about Datone, end of year he was playing a good amount of OLB. The way things are shaping up I bet he plays there even more this year and they seek out DL in the draft.

So that's your OLB group this year: Peppers, CMIII, Perry, Jones, Elliot.

Forgot about Datone, end of year he was playing a good amount of OLB. The way things are shaping up I bet he plays there even more this year and they seek out DL in the draft.

Doesn't sound like a bad OLB group.

Add one in the draft to groom, and we should be fine. thumbsup

Good to have depth to allow Clay to move around.

Back