Meet New Wisconsin FB Coach Luke Fickell

@jessetemple
·
3m

Luke Fickell on whether he's considering keeping Jim Leonhard on his staff: "Yes, definitely I am. I met with Jim for about an hour last night. We’ll meet against Wednesday. We had a great conversation. I’m very open to obviously picking his brain for a lot of things."

@TheBadgerNation
·
7m

- Fickell on his conversations with his new players and winning over the locker room: It takes time. The unique thing I’ve got is I was in that position … Kids are emotional, but they are resilient. Whatever is best for them they’ll do. Building relationships is a big deal

Fickell on his Wisconsin vision: I know there's always work to be done. I think that's what excited you to be a coach. We've got one objective and one goal and that's to play for a championship.

Kind of skirted around the offense issue, thats key in my opinion.

Fickell's statement about 300 miles isn't something cut in stone. Look at his rosters over the years, and you'll find that his teams are active in recruiting all over the US. It's more a statement that they will fight like hell to get the best players out there, in that 300 mile radius, not walk away, figuring someone else is going to grab them so why bother.

Fickell's statement about 300 miles isn't something cut in stone. Look at his rosters over the years, and you'll find that his teams are active in recruiting all over the US. It's more a statement that they will fight like hell to get the best players out there, in that 300 mile radius, not walk away, figuring someone else is going to grab them so why bother.
Sure hope so. THat's all UW has done in the past for most part is the 300 miles radius with few guys sprinkled in here and there.

Back