Meet New Wisconsin FB Coach Luke Fickell

So guess cincy has a 4 star QB Brady Drogosh that is committed to Cincy. Does Luke try to flip him to UW now?

I'll tell you what I think...pure speculation. Something else happened internally with Jimmy the past couple of weeks that made moving on a have too. Think about it from an administrator's point of view...not a fan or alumni. I 100% believe that the whole thing had to be blown up.
Maybe Mnookin stepped in. Possible. My guess is JL’s philosophy did not fit Mac’s. And by that I mean just as much off the field as on the field. Maybe more off the field

Facilities need a major upgrade, academics are an issue, so are overall resources.

Additionally, sources indicated to FootballScoop that Fickell would be expected to take Brady Collins, the team's head of sports performance in its strength program, with him to Wisconsin, as well as recruiting aces Pat Lambert and Max Stienecker.

Reading it again
“You know what, I love Jimmy,” Alvarez said. “I think Jimmy would have done a good job. I hate to go there. Jimmy’s done a great job and he’s a great coach. I don’t want to say anything. All I know, I love Jimmy. Jimmy’s done a great job for us, a tremendous job, and I have all the respect in the world for him. I don’t want to go any further. I’m just going to say good things about our new guy.”

Sound like he supports the new guy but the “I don’t want to say anything further” “I hate to go there”. Leaves it open to interpretation. Seems like support for Mac and the program in general. Mixed vibes
With all the "Jimmy" references, I thought it may be an episode of Seinfeld....

If he gets his recruiting guys in here for a couple years ...watch out
He will do dilligent work and will surprise some how well he recruits. I'm really happy for UW. Solid, solid pickup for HC.

In two years, the Badgers are going to be the two toughest teams in the West. It will be USC and Wisconsin battling, pretty much like Mich & MSU. Our Western battle won't be with high of powerhouses, but it's going to be a real battle.

Fickell is going to be a dynamic recruiter, and if he does bring in his two top recruiters. Take a look at his roster with the Bearcats, and how he's recruited more nationally than the Badgers have. He's getting players that fit his system.

Now, who will be the OC and DC? I have a hunch he has a couple of dynamic guys in mind. I'm going to enjoy this ride.

I’m stunned tbh. I can tell you that the “Wisconsin way” is a real thing that has pervaded the culture here since Barry arrived. Once the job was posted after the win over Nebraska last week, it seemed to me that Leonard’s hire was a mere formality given how ingrained into this culture both he and McIntosh are. For McIntosh to spurn the heir-apparent and go outside the family to hire perhaps the hottest up-and-coming name in the sport is so utterly ballsy and a pure master stroke IMO. There is absolutely no excuse for the way this team has played since 2020, and Leonhard, while far from the main cause, is nevertheless a part of that.

In two years, the Badgers are going to be the two toughest teams in the West. It will be USC and Wisconsin battling, pretty much like Mich & MSU. Our Western battle won't be with high of powerhouses, but it's going to be a real battle.

Fickell is going to be a dynamic recruiter, and if he does bring in his two top recruiters. Take a look at his roster with the Bearcats, and how he's recruited more nationally than the Badgers have. He's getting players that fit his system.

Now, who will be the OC and DC? I have a hunch he has a couple of dynamic guys in mind. I'm going to enjoy this ride.
In 2 years there won’t be divisions. It’s going the SEC / ACC model of one conference with protected games and pod schedules. That’s why I’m cautiously optimistic I’m pumping my breaks on expectations

In 2 years there won’t be divisions. It’s going the SEC / ACC model of one conference with protected games and pod schedules. That’s why I’m cautiously optimistic I’m pumping my breaks on expectations
Is your definite statement the same as the one you made about the fact that the Big 10 was not going to expand to the West coast? I don't know what they conference will decide is best for them. We'll know when they tell us. Until then, there are two divisions. I can understand them going to a single standings, but our stating that will happen is kind of telling the lower 2/3 of the teams in the conference that they will never be good enough to contend for any kind of championship within the conference until hell freezes over. I'd imagine their vote for a singular division won't be easy to get.

Back