Mark's Easter Mock Draft

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
A few changes but this draft is based on the board and value at the time coupled with some needs. Remember TT doesn't covet a player as much as the players value on his board.

Round 1 :Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT, 6'3 290 : Florida GB needs help up front on defense and has looked at Bullard as well as interviewed him. The run on QB drops him to GB. His long arms and power rush disrupt passing lanes but his value lies in his ability to hold up at the point of attack vs the run.
*NOTE: GB has great interest in the top 2 OL on their board. If they are still there they will draft them.

Round 2: Austin Hooper**, TE, Stanford Height: 6-3. Weight: 254 : GB is thrilled he's still on the board and jumps at a chance to get a threat at TE. He uses his size well and has quickness down the seam. Hooper could be a receiving mismatch weapon in the NFL and gives GB the weapon they lack.

Round 3 : Kentrell Brothers, ILB/OLB, Missouri Height: 6-0. Weight: 245. Brothers is up and down and he slides right in to TT lap in round 3.Brothers made a big impact in 2015, recording 152 tackles, 12 for a loss, two interceptions, 2.5 sacks, one forced fumble, three passes batted and a blocked punt. He has real speed to defend the perimeter and could have three-down ability for the NFL. Can slide in and start for Matthews Day 1.

Round 4 A: Shon Coleman*, OT, Auburn Height: 6-5. Weight: 307. : Coleman started 2 years at Auburn and is a projected RT in the NFL. Needs a year but much better depth day 1 at tackle for GB. Replaces Barclay on the roster.

Round 4B : James Bradberry, CB/S, Samford Height: 6-0. Weight: 211 Another prospect that GB is known to like. He has a great skill set with size and speed. The senior recorded 45 tackles with 11 passes broken up and two interceptions in 2015. Adds more depth to an already young and talented secondary.

Round 4 C: Rashard Higgins*, WR, Colorado State Height: 6-1. Weight: 205 Higgens was thin in college but went to 205 at his pro day, great hands and route runner gives Rodgers the "other" guy opposite Abby and Janis a possession WR with sure hands. Note here he spent the first 2 yrs in college in a pro offense and can run the route tree.

Round 5: Hassan Ridgeway*, NT, Texas Height: 6-3. Weight: 303. GB needs more DT depth and gets it here. Ridgeway can be overwhelming for the interior of an offensive line with his size and strength. He put together some excellent games in 2015 where he beat offensive tackles and guards to make plays in the backfield. The junior showed the ability to be a stout run defender and collapse the pocket in the pass rush. He didn't interview well for teams but he is way to good of a prospect for GB too leave on the board and fills a need to boot.

Round 6 : James Cowser, 3-4OLB, Southern Utah Height: 6-3. Weight: 248 This yrs small school pick. An under the radar OLB prospect, totaled 68 tackles with 19 for a loss, 13 sacks, and four forced fumbles in 2015. Next in the line of prospects GB brings in to rush the passer.

Round 7 : Ted Karras, G, Illinois Height: 6-4. Weight: 307 4 yr starter in college and honorable mention Big 10 OG. Missed 4 games with injury last yr which dropped his stock. Scrappy fighter inside who goes to the whistle every down. Equally sound in pass pro as run blocking. Can start out as a back up and be a decent starter in the future. Well worth a 7th. TT looks to the future.

That's my Easter mock draft... 1 left before we do the real thing. Have a blessed weekend !

I really like this draft. If we can get a TE in the 2nd and a starting ILB in the 3rd I'll be thrilled.

Interesting mocks and thoughts here. Could see a Scenario like this. Personally would prefer a taller TE.​

I have to research Bullard more. I haven't spent much time on him. Cowser is another draft crush of mine.

So now that GB has signed a tall TE, do you stick with him in the second, who would be your next choice for rd 2?

Agree, if a TE is essentially BPA, you take him. That's the beauty of filling a few holes with FAs. No pressure to fill a particular position in the draft so you are freer to just go BPA without need getting in the way.

Now that have caught up to speed on draft and who Pack showed interest in, this draft makes even more sense. ☺

Now that have caught up to speed on draft and who Pack showed interest in, this draft makes even more sense. ☺
Still very much believe if one of the OL drops and he's there TT nabs them... the whole thing in rounds 1/2 is so board dependent. I will take a look at everything in the next week and post my final mock.

Don't think can rule out much other than Qb, RB/FB, and Secondary but again maybe can't rule out a CB however unlikely. Weird year. Almost like the year Hawk was drafted though overall talent would appear better. But a big group of players closely rated

Back