Mark's Easter Mock Draft

I wouldn't rule out CB either. It's a priority position in the NFL. I don't think TT would go out of his way to draft one in Rd 1, but if good value drops into his lap, I wouldn't put it past him. They just lost Hayward and might lose Hyde next year. Maybe someone like Rollins could take over Hyde's role and a young CB jumps in as the nickel guy.

While it wouldn't probably please the masses, an OT in Rd 1 could work out well in the long-term especially a versatile guy like Conklin. Use him at LT next year if BahkT moves on. Use him at RT this year if Bulaga's injury issues continue. Maybe even use him at OG if Sitton or Lang aren't around in 2017. Short-term he'd be depth, long-term he could be an 8-10 year starter.

This mock makes a bunch of sense. The top 3 DTs seem to be Rankins, Robinson and Reed, but even they are falling into the 20's in some mocks. That next tier of Bullard, Butler, Jones, Billings, Johnson are kind of all over the place in mocks sometimes Rd 1, sometimes Rd 2. If TT values one in particular he could find that other teams value someone else and a guy he thinks is worthy of a higher position on the board shows up. Plus, teams might see this much talent (plus others) and feel like they can wait on DT and reach a bit in Rd 1 and take DL in Rd 2.

Scott Wright has his latest mock up and he has the Packers taking:
1- Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
2 - Joshua Perry, OLB, tOSU (he sees a move to ILB)
3 - Kyler Fackrell, OLB, Utah St
That would shore up the defense though Reed doesn't exactly scream NT immediately, but would be fine as part of a rotation until he adds a bit of weight. Plus he's another guy who shows up in various places in mocks like most of the others. Bullard would be more in the 5 technique mold of a guy like Daniels, which is also a huge need now that Jones appears to be headed to OLB/Elephant for this coming season.

Round 1 :Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT, 6'3 290 : Florida

kind of an interesting choice. most draft "experts" don't even have him as a first round pick (for example, matt miller doesn't even have him in his top 50 players in the draft and drafttek has him ranked at #45 on their big board, and none of nfl.com's experts put him in the top 35), but you're saying he "falls" to the packers. personally, i think this is a reach and not one that i particularly like.

one of these guys is likely to still be on the board when we pick:

Andrew Billings, DL, Baylor
Taylor Decker, T, Ohio State
Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama
Leonard Floyd, EDGE, Georgia
Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

one of these guys is likely to still be on the board when we pick:

Andrew Billings, DL, Baylor
Taylor Decker, T, Ohio State
Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama
Leonard Floyd, EDGE, Georgia
Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

Actually IMO there will be three of these guys there. I know Ragland seems like a good pick, BUT he may just be a two down player. If he's as good as some think he will be gone at #27, but I think he's there and that we should pass. Yes he is good. Yes he played on a great team, but that's the point. What kind of numbers would some of the other ILBs have put up playing behind the Bama DL?

My other point would be that TT sucks at drafting DL. He should jump on Decker OR Spriggs in the first round (OL drops off fast) and take what's left of DL in the second.

Charlie Campbell of Walter's has this as his latest Packer Mock:
1st - DT- Vernon Butler
2nd - TE- Austin Hooper
3rd - RB- Kenneth Dixon
4th - ILB - Josh Perry
comp- OLB -Victor Ochi
comp- WR - Kolby Listenbee
5th - OT- Joel Haeg

I like it, but still no 'cover' LB. Pulling for ILBs Martinez or Vigil.

Back