Inside the Badger football family

I can tell you a story. My daughter worked in a school district in Alabama, where a young man was a stand out football player. He was recruited for damned near every team in the South. It just so happened that the school had sent a few kids on to play DI football. All of them went to one particular school.

Anyhow, this kid ended up being recruited by a school outside the area. They came after him hot and heavy, and he verbally committed to them. That's when the heat started from everyone in the area. He had become a traitor to their high school, and damned near everything those people said they held "sacred." You don't commit to an outsider until after you've found out if the favored schools want you or not.

The heat was so bad on him that when the day came to formally commit, and sign the papers, he switched to the "expected school" that decided they wanted him after all. It was a good choice for him because his family lived happily every after, he played pro football, and has ended up coaching at a DI level.

Imagine what would have happened if he decided to not play for the team that the locals wanted him to play for? It could have gotten ugly.

I can tell you a story. My daughter worked in a school district in Alabama, where a young man was a stand out football player. He was recruited for damned near every team in the South. It just so happened that the school had sent a few kids on to play DI football. All of them went to one particular school.

Anyhow, this kid ended up being recruited by a school outside the area. They came after him hot and heavy, and he verbally committed to them. That's when the heat started from everyone in the area. He had become a traitor to their high school, and damned near everything those people said they held "sacred." You don't commit to an outsider until after you've found out if the favored schools want you or not.

The heat was so bad on him that when the day came to formally commit, and sign the papers, he switched to the "expected school" that decided they wanted him after all. It was a good choice for him because his family lived happily every after, he played pro football, and has ended up coaching at a DI level.

Imagine what would have happened if he decided to not play for the team that the locals wanted him to play for? It could have gotten ugly.
Well a story with direct Wisconsin implications. Jacoby Brissette was ready to commit to UW. His mom threatened to refuse to sign the LOI. She wanted him to play at Miami.

Recruiting is a fickle game

Back