Inside the Badger football family

TW

Reaction score
After reading this article out of Blitz, and seeing the response this guy had to the program, it gave me a renewed feeling of how someone like Jim Leonhard approaches his job. Just his background, as a player, and the way the program seems to work for recruiting, it was refreshing. Seeing how Caesar Williams was involved out of Southlake made it even more apparent that something is obviously going right on that aspect of doing the job. Is it possible, that in a couple more years the program will strengthen?

Instead of just doom and gloom for the program, it's nice to see there might be a glimmer of hope that a lot of it might well be worth working with, and making stronger.

After reading this article out of Blitz, and seeing the response this guy had to the program, it gave me a renewed feeling of how someone like Jim Leonhard approaches his job. Just his background, as a player, and the way the program seems to work for recruiting, it was refreshing. Seeing how Caesar Williams was involved out of Southlake made it even more apparent that something is obviously going right on that aspect of doing the job. Is it possible, that in a couple more years the program will strengthen?

Instead of just doom and gloom for the program, it's nice to see there might be a glimmer of hope that a lot of it might well be worth working with, and making stronger.

Except it came from badger rivals so it's 100% slanted toward WI. I also think WI fans are way biased towards Leonhard, he's a solid DC but his scheme has been just okay vs bigger more talented teams.

They 100% need more athletes in the backside of the D so this is a nice pickup for UW.

I wonder if part of his scheme problems doesn't deal with the lack of better DBs? Their talent level could have a dramatic effect on what they employ.

Major issue to me is offensive side of ball. No playmakers and same old play calling. It's like have MM play calling the Pack his last few years. Everyone knows what's coming.

I wonder if part of his scheme problems doesn't deal with the lack of better DBs? Their talent level could have a dramatic effect on what they employ.
The answer, nope. That's what he likes to run TW. Even with a better DB it's a risk/reward scheme.

Also with this kid who knows if he stays on defense. Look at Allen he was going to be a hybrid S/LB and is now a fulltime RB.

I don’t see it as doom and gloom. More that some expectations are a bit unrealistic. This team went to a RB 2 years ago and 2 other NY6 Bowls. With the resources at Wisconsin you might get a 7-5 year. Happens to 98% of programs.

I don’t see it as doom and gloom. More that some expectations are a bit unrealistic. This team went to a RB 2 years ago and 2 other NY6 Bowls. With the resources at Wisconsin you might get a 7-5 year. Happens to 98% of programs.
Going 7-5 is like taking your sister to the prom. If that's what makes someone happy, so be it. I figure that when there are millions of dollars being spent on programs that once in a while even the blind squirrels should be able to find a nut.

Going 7-5 is like taking your sister to the prom. If that's what makes someone happy, so be it. I figure that when there are millions of dollars being spent on programs that once in a while even the blind squirrels should be able to find a nut.
And win what? A natty? Sorry but UW spends a fraction of what the OSU’s and Bama and Georgia do. Every conference in the nation now are top heavy and it’s not changing until there is playoff expansion. And yes I can tolerate a down year

Nobody mentioned a down year. I'm talking about a program that never reaches for the stars. Just take the home grown kids who they think will win more than they lose.

Back