Has Ted Thompson been right all along?

Still big gamble what if he gets hurt prior to OTA's and such and can't workout or take part in TC. If Denver would then cut him he's out in the cold. Unlikely but possible it could happen.
Which if he's smart he is insured against. He took a long term gamble and odds are in his favor

Alright Pack. It was directed at you. ;)
I appreciate the response. We can agree to disagree. Like you said, if you structure contracts to fit your cap we can sign free agents.
I am not saying I want to spend money stupidly. Tier 1 FAs tend to be spending stupid but TT doesn't even go to Tier 2. He goes to bottom tier which does not plug the holes we need to get another title and gives us no depth.

Ok I think we all know Ted won't ever change his ways so for whatever more years he's here 2-5 more we will just have to take it. We just have to hope that the next GM won't be as conserative as Ted is. Also if the new GM comes in closer to the 4 or 5 year mark we have to hope he decides to go nuclear on this team and just blows it up and starts from the start because few if any of the players on the roster now will be worth keeping in 4-5 years from now.

Alright Pack. It was directed at you. ;)
I appreciate the response. We can agree to disagree. Like you said, if you structure contracts to fit your cap we can sign free agents.
I am not saying I want to spend money stupidly. Tier 1 FAs tend to be spending stupid but TT doesn't even go to Tier 2. He goes to bottom tier which does not plug the holes we need to get another title and gives us no depth.
Actually we agree more than you think. I have no issues pushing back money to create deals. But let's look at a few players discussed on these threads

Teavathon : would I give almost 50% of value guaranteed no. I think he's a very good player but benefitted from the pieces around him.

Dansby: I honestly don't want to count on a 34 soon to be 35 year old LB to cover and tackle in space. If he wants a prove it 1 year shot with no guarantees I'm ok but past that no.

Cook: this is a bit harder. Great athlete. Questionable attitude Poor blocker. Would a change of scenery help maybe. On paper an upgrade. Telling is that he has been on the market for a long time. Cut by the coach who drafted him. Both red flags. If I'm Thompson no risk 2 years at no guarantee on year one. Year one base $1m. Team option on year 2 guarantee in March $4m signing bonus $500k. Worst case if he's cut minimal dead money gives cook upside deal. Ok I'm done playing agent

Back