Future DC Thread

Cheesedog - you made a post on another thread saying that at this time you think that Barry will be canned, but that you would re-evaluate if we beat Dallas. If I magically knew in advance that a win over Dallas would be the deciding factor for Barry not leaving, then I would hope that we lose that game. Don't get me wrong, I have always hated Dallas, and was not fond at all of McCarthy as our head coach, so there's 2 reasons for me to wish that we would be beat Dallas, but not at the expense of Barry staying. cheesehead)

Last edited:
So let me throw ice water on reality....my thought here is that win/lose or draw it's 85% Barry is retained for a couple of reasons

1. ML said in at least 3 pressers that and I QUOTE " If firing Joe Barry would solve our problems I would have already done it"
2. Before the last game Murphy came out in full support of ML and his "staff" The way they finished there won't be any heat from up top to make changes.

Last you had a couple of defensive players come out in loud support of him after this win, which in my mind clinches it. Sorry folks

I think unless GB can get a top guy they are going to keep Barry unless Dallas blows GB out ML will give Barry another year good or bad.

jeez that's cold!
Yes, but it's exactly what I was talking about when you look at the stats. They're all satisfied with what he's done, and I'm pretty certain he's there again next year.

Not saying the same about Richie and his ST work. That might be a place where there will be a change.

Also, they will be trying out long snappers over the course of the off season.

Even if they lose I agree Barry is back. I would love Vrabel or Wink but GB doesn’t fire people to get a better coach if they’ve done above average. If it were me yes I’d fire Barry and bring in one of those. But we’re talking Murphy here. And as Mark said the Smith quote would make it hard for ML to make a change.

Best we can hope for is they fire their LB and CB coaches and get better there.

Barry comes back for 2024. The Jets fail to make the playoffs in 2024 again. Aaron Rodgers says screw it I am retiring. Woody Johnson then fires Saleh. ML hires his BFF as DC for the 2025 season.

Barry comes back for 2024. The Jets fail to make the playoffs in 2024 again. Aaron Rodgers says screw it I am retiring. Woody Johnson then fires Saleh. ML hires his BFF as DC for the 2025 season.
A lot is going to happen in 2025. With Murphy forced to retire. 2024 is a make or break year for Gute and the coaching staff.

I'm not saying they'd be fired, but I think Gute would find working with a new guy, in the same type of structured hierarchy might be a little on the rough side. New people like their ideas, not the old ones.

A lot is going to happen in 2025. With Murphy forced to retire. 2024 is a make or break year for Gute and the coaching staff.

I'm not saying they'd be fired, but I think Gute would find working with a new guy, in the same type of structured hierarchy might be a little on the rough side. New people like their ideas, not the old ones.
Make or break? Gute risked everything on Love and came up aces. MLF was vital to that draft and development process. They both have blank checks for the next couple years. Want some more cold water? There it is - you are not getting rid of Gute any time soon.

Back