Brett Favre Induction

I'm sorry but I'm not even that excited about this. The way he made a complete ass out of himself on his way out was disgraceful. Whether it was hoodwinking the jets into releasing him so he could play for Minnesota, or personally calling the lions to give them tips on how to beat the packers, etc. He revealed his true colors the last few years of his career. I'm not going to forget all that just because a few years have gone by. It doesn't change anything.

No no suprise they have him going last. He's the main attraction, and everyone knows he's going to sob during his induction. The cameraman is ready to zoom in already

100% agree on this. So many keep saying some diont like him because he played for another team....when it has nothing to do with playing for somebody else for most non Favre fans... It has to do with the the type of man he was, not his play on the field. The acting like a self centered spoiled brat the last few years here and then even worse on his way out really showed his true colors. He was a good player on the field and helped turn the team around along with other free agents and signings, but for me the type of man he was outweighs his on field performance when it comes to me liking him or not. This is why it will be nice when this weekend is over and the putting his name up in Lambeau is done.......then we can all move on without having to have him brought up every little while.

Did I dislike Favre for a long time after he spit on fans just to get back at Ted and the Packers and sign with the Vikings? Yes did I cheer when he lost the NFCC? Yes But did I forgive him? Yes he was man enough to admit that he was wrong in what he did and it was time to move on. The man helped return this team to glory. Without him good chance this team was still just a bunch of bums in the 90s and never gets to a Super Bowl much less wins one. Favre deserves to be honored as a HOF and a Packer legend.

I am kind of in the middle on this whole thing. He deserves it for his career but it's completely overshadowed practice this week in GB which is bull.

Favre won't plan a word of Hall of Fame Speech

With the footballing world watching Saturday as Favre is inducted into the Hall of Fame, the former quarterback's speech will follow the same philosophy.
"My speech will be much like the way I played; it will be, 'Who in the hell knows?'"
"But it worked out pretty well in my career."

LINK

I thought Brett did a nice job with his induction speech even if it was a little long winded. ;)

Back