2024 Packers Mock....Quick First Mock Draft

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Real early one this year, more about position than the players but I'll spitball it. I am trading all our 3rds to get back in the 2nd round. So a first and 3 2nd round picks.

Round 1. Joe Alt , OT, Notre Dame.
Best LT prospect on my early board, consistent and productive with great hands and feet. Long-term starter on our OL.

Round 2 A. Cooper DeJean* , S/CB, Iowa
A solid safety .. it's a must-have fix for the defense.

Round 3B. Trevor Etienne*, RB, Florida
We have to get more from the running game, strong runner with great quickness.

Round 3C. Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan
I started to draft a corner here but we can't stop the run so a DT it is, big 305 interior DL Help for our new defense.

Round 4. Ladd McConkey*, WR, Georgia

The possession runs great routes blanket WR Love needs is here!~

Round 5.Jarius Monroe, CB, Tulane
Has great size and can cover...we have to get better cover corners.

Round 6: Zach Frazier, C/G, West Virginia
A solid starter in college should be a solid starting enter in the NFL.

Round 7: Will Howard, QB, Kansas State
A late riser third day picks the scouts are noticing. Long term prospect. WTH why not

Is Trevor the brother from the Jags RB?

Really like this mock. I love Alt. I hope DeJean lasts until Rd2, and he might if teams see him as purely a safety - which is where I think he'd be best used. He could be an anchor on the back end for a decade. Etienne is an Aaron Jones clone physically and would be the perfect replacement down the road.

Don't know enough about Ladd McConkey or Jenkins to comment much, though I do like Jenkins pedigree and coming from Michigan he should be well taught on stopping the run. McConkey seems more like a slot guy, but versatile enough to line up in multiple spots.

Real early one this year, more about position than the players but I'll spitball it. I am trading all our 3rds to get back in the 2nd round. So a first and 3 2nd round picks.

Round 1. Joe Alt , OT, Notre Dame.
Best LT prospect on my early board, consistent and productive with great hands and feet. Long-term starter on our OL.

Round 2 A. Cooper DeJean* , S/CB, Iowa
A solid safety .. it's a must-have fix for the defense.

Round 3B. Trevor Etienne*, RB, Florida
We have to get more from the running game, strong runner with great quickness.

Round 3C. Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan
I started to draft a corner here but we can't stop the run so a DT it is, big 305 interior DL Help for our new defense.

Round 4. Ladd McConkey*, WR, Georgia

The possession runs great routes blanket WR Love needs is here!~

Round 5.Jarius Monroe, CB, Tulane
Has great size and can cover...we have to get better cover corners.

Round 6: Zach Frazier, C/G, West Virginia
A solid starter in college should be a solid starting enter in the NFL.

Round 7: Will Howard, QB, Kansas State
A late riser third day picks the scouts are noticing. Long term prospect. WTH why not

A nice early draft prediction. Addresses needs. I agree that left tackle is a must, early in the draft, to insure that blind side is covered. I don't care if it's Love, or anyone else out there, unless that spot is filled, they're all sitting ducks.

Watching DeJean, I don't know a lot about him, but he does play lights out against the Badgers.

Ettiene. The pedigree is darned good. There are those who say he may well be a step better than his brother. Since I do believe in pedigree, like I did with Clay Matthews, I'll go with this pick. I wonder if he'll be available?

I totally agree on DT. Not that I know enough about Jenkins, but because we really need a disrupter that can force changes in the run game from guard to guard, and someone who can drive the middle of the pocket back into the QB. Is he this guy? If so, jump on it!

McConkey. If he can hang onto the ball, and run precise routes, I'm game. We need that.... desperately. He needs to have some quicks too.

From there on in.... I think it's going to be best man available. There might be some huge surprises as good players drop. I know they're talking about 8 WRs going in the first round, and that would really shake up the pot.

Mark, any thoughts on OC prospects, or just generally how should the team handle that spot? It's the fulcrum of their run game and Myers just isn't getting it done. Is the answer in house (Tom, Runyan) or is there anyone in the draft worth targeting?

Mark, any thoughts on OC prospects, or just generally how should the team handle that spot? It's the fulcrum of their run game and Myers just isn't getting it done. Is the answer in house (Tom, Runyan) or is there anyone in the draft worth targeting?
Don't ask Steno. He believes Myers is having a banner year.

It depends on how high you want to draft, Centers can be solid without drafting in the top 4 rounds. The problem here is we have so many holes to fill what do you prioritize?

I think Frazier is a solid pick, could go with Beaux Limmer. Arkansas or Drake Nugent. Michigan as well.

Back