2023 Badger Football Thread

PC got stale and burned out on recruiting and coaching... the whole program got in a rut. What your seeing is new energy and concepts from this staff. I was NOT a GA fan and still think he was a bad hire but I wonder now if Barry tried too hard to keep things status quo rather than letting that staff do its thing.

At any rate, it's going to take a season or two but after that, the program going to thrive. Now can they keep Fick beyond 2-3 seasons is a greater question.
Yeah it could be possible if OSU does not have a OSU year lose to UM again Day could be out there. If Fickell has say a 9-3 season OSU could make a hard run at to return to OSU. But then I think it's possible UW offers the job to the OC.

Yeah it could be possible if OSU does not have a OSU year lose to UM again Day could be out there. If Fickell has say a 9-3 season OSU could make a hard run at to return to OSU. But then I think it's possible UW offers the job to the OC.
No,if he ever leaves for Ohio state the staff would go with him. OC isn't power 5 HC type anyway. If they lose him expect Mac to go fishing for a big name again. Now that UW has done it, not far-fetched anymore.

No,if he ever leaves for Ohio state the staff would go with him. OC isn't power 5 HC type anyway. If they lose him expect Mac to go fishing for a big name again. Now that UW has done it, not far-fetched anymore.
I agree. Beyond 2-3 years would be exceptional. I think the #1 draw will be the OSU job. But, I think the Badgers program will be a super draw for the big fish out there, who would relish getting the program at that point. It will still have a lot of room to grow, and give someone the chance to have a statue planted out front in their honor.

Let's just hope it doesn't end up regressing.

Love the excitement surrounding the program so far. They really turned it up as far as recruiting goes.

I'm very excited about Bucky Football, but that means nothing. If you've been here a couple of years you've witnessed me annually going off the deep end.

What is really exciting me is how excited the kids are. Every kid that is coming in is super excited and it's no longer - Bucky better than nothing. Even kids that choose to go elsewhere are not bad mouthing WI, they just made a different choice for themselves.

Get a big win or 2 and bring home the Axe this year and the program will take off

Badgers snag a 4 star DB this morning.....4 star DB Recruit| Adidas All-American| St. Joseph Prep|2024| ESPN 300| MAXPREPS Junior ALL-AMERICAN|

That's a big one. If he'd picked 'Bama(who offered) he'd be a top 150 prospect in about 6 weeks).

2nd highest rated CB the Badgers have picked up in the "internet recruiting era," per TheAthletic.
2nd straight year with a 4 star.

They've got a top 150 Safety who should be emerging this year in Woehler.

This staff has a LOT of momentum. More than I could have possibly imagined this time last year.
Their '24 class was already a top 20 class and if they can routinely pull in top 20 classes with competent QBs, get the OL play back up to par...I don't think it'll happen, but I COULD see this team in the CFP in the future....down the road.

This year, B1G West is very winnable.

That's a big one. If he'd picked 'Bama(who offered) he'd be a top 150 prospect in about 6 weeks).

2nd highest rated CB the Badgers have picked up in the "internet recruiting era," per TheAthletic.
2nd straight year with a 4 star.

They've got a top 150 Safety who should be emerging this year in Woehler.

This staff has a LOT of momentum. More than I could have possibly imagined this time last year.
Their '24 class was already a top 20 class and if they can routinely pull in top 20 classes with competent QBs, get the OL play back up to par...I don't think it'll happen, but I COULD see this team in the CFP in the future....down the road.

This year, B1G West is very winnable.
Now we have to hope he won't be flipped. The in-roads this recruiting group is making is staggering.

This is the sort of needle-moving commit they need more of. Hoping for a few more down the stretch. They need to win a few more of these 4-star type recruiting battles just to be in the discussion with OSU, Mich, Penn St, and USC.

Reactions: TW
Badgers get 4-star OT Emerson Mandell to commit.

He narrowed his interest down to teams in the arc around Minnesota. He's a home boy. Could be a good one. Has the size, and from what I've heard, the flexibility that might make him a good signee.

Back