2023 Badger Football Thread

The Locke Brothers. Talked to a friend who knows a little bit about the program, and he said that Landyn will end up being as good, of not better, than Bradyn. He's supposed to be a little more athletic, and as a sophomore, showed why he was one of the better QBs in Texas. He will grow into a 4-star catch the way it looks.

All second hand info. I know nothing about him myself. I don't follow that conference East and Northeast of Dallas.

To many QB's figure a couple will transfer in next year or two.

To many QB's figure a couple will transfer in next year or two.

Nah, that's not too many. Good programs always have 5-6 quarterbacks because they recruit one or two every year. Keep the QB room stocked and let them compete. This is what premier programs do. Look at Ohio State for example. They currently have 6 on the roster and have a 2024 commit on the way and will almost surely add at least one more for 2025.

Right now the Badgers have 5 which is just right. (We just got used to the mediocre job Chryst and others before him did in recruiting the position.) Landyn Locke is a 2025 kid, so is still 2 years away from hitting campus. By then Mordecai will be gone, and yes, it's likely at least one kid who's currently on the roster will transfer. That will leave them with 5 on the roster - still just right. (and if they can get another kid for '25 or a quality transfer, they'll take him and go with 6)

Nah, that's not too many. Good programs always have 5-6 quarterbacks because they recruit one or two every year. Keep the QB room stocked and let them compete. This is what premier programs do. Look at Ohio State for example. They currently have 6 on the roster and have a 2024 commit on the way and will almost surely add at least one more for 2025.

Right now the Badgers have 5 which is just right. (We just got used to the mediocre job Chryst and others before him did in recruiting the position.) Landyn Locke is a 2025 kid, so is still 2 years away from hitting campus. By then Mordecai will be gone, and yes, it's likely at least one kid who's currently on the roster will transfer. That will leave them with 5 on the roster - still just right. (and if they can get another kid for '25 or a quality transfer, they'll take him and go with 6)
My guess is that with the new way the portal is working, QBs who don't see themselves as at least in the top 3 on a roster, will look for opportunities elsewhere. That is, if they figure they should be on the field.

Top 3? They'll be leaving from spot 2. That's the new way.

We'll be fine. They'll be fine.

The change in WI Football is simple. Can't sell WI? BS. Look how excited these kids are!

If Coach Fickell and Co. are half as good at coaching as they are at selling WI, Bucky is going to be exciting.

Badgers snag a 4 star DB this morning.....4 star DB Recruit| Adidas All-American| St. Joseph Prep|2024| ESPN 300| MAXPREPS Junior ALL-AMERICAN|

Impressive had some big name power 5 offers on the table and still picked UW.

PC got stale and burned out on recruiting and coaching... the whole program got in a rut. What your seeing is new energy and concepts from this staff. I was NOT a GA fan and still think he was a bad hire but I wonder now if Barry tried too hard to keep things status quo rather than letting that staff do its thing.

At any rate, it's going to take a season or two but after that, the program going to thrive. Now can they keep Fick beyond 2-3 seasons is a greater question.

Back